The best Android phone you can buy ​? the Moto X

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Moto X is the best all around phone for me from the others in the article.
It isnt too big to hold one handed to use it.
It doesnt have any lag.
It has active notifications and touchless controls.
I dont need 1080
It takes a good enough picture for a cell phone.
It fits in my pocket.
So far it has had pretty good updates.
For a vzw phone it comes with min. bloatware(compaired with other vzw phones)
It has a good radio.

jlanik4

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have any problem with the (comparitively small) screen size? That's my only concern here, as technology moves toward, screens keep getting bigger and bigger. I'm worried about it being a little too small.

Posted via Android Central App

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone have any problem with the (comparitively small) screen size? That's my only concern here, as technology moves toward, screens keep getting bigger and bigger. I'm worried about it being a little too small.

That's really a personal preference. I prefer screens under 5". My Galaxy S3 @ 4.8" is just the right size for me. I doubt I would notice the .1" difference on the X. However, I never really watch any movies so a bigger screen isn't necessary for a user like me.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site

i don't have a problem with it per se, but it def seems small compared to the S4 screen even though there's only a .3 difference (but usually .6 because of the soft keys, even though kitkat allows for full screen, we'll see). I notice it when reading pinterest, etc. If you enjoy the bigness of the S4 screen, while you will probably get over the size, it might bother you at first. For that though, pretty much only way to find out is use for a week.

garublador

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I think the best way to look at these "Best Phone" articles is to think about what phone would be the top recommendation if the user had no specific needs. If someone wants a larger screen, higher processing power or more storage then it's obviously not the best phone for that person. However, the X performs all "normal" smartphone tasks as well as any other phone, has the best battery life for its size and what are probably the most useful extra features. It also does well in durability tests. It was pretty much designed to do well at this type of analysis.

ericizzy1

May 17, 2010
Visit site
the moto x is the best phone phone because it offers the best balance between size and performance (specs dont mean s*** in its case), in real life, its as fast as any other higher specs phone , its durable, its perfectly sized, and yes, it has motorola RF in it, it also offers the always listening feature and the amazing lock screen notifications.
any one that will actually hold one in his hands, will understand that.

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
For me, it comes down to only a few things
It's got a bigger + better screen than my last phone, but is smaller on the outside.
I get signal/internet places my last phone couldn't
Phone calls are flawless
The battery lasts me from unplug in the morning until bed with tons left over and no coddling.
Motorola has updated this to 4.4 in record time.
It's relatively vanilla + a few enhancements that add to, not subtract from the experience I was used to with a Nexus.

If this had a way to cheat wifi tethering, I would consider it the perfect phone

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
The screen is deceiving and leads people to say its small because of the overall size of the device imo. When there is no case on, it feels like you're holding just a screen due to the bezel to bezel design. I never hear people saying the HTC one's screen is too small. This is because the overall size of the one is bigger and makes the illusion of a nice size screen. I think the Moto x is a perfect balance of screen size and ease of one handed use. I hope they dont go much past this size in the future. Im typing on a Note 2 right not which is now my stay at home tablet. :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I have used both, the Note 3 and moto x. I went moto x but the Note 3 is one awesome machine.
Friend has G2 great phone as well.

josearmz10789

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I like it better than Nexus Style. I have a little home-made dock for bedside, and when I put the GNex in there, I was constantly accidentally pressing the volume up and down.
The Moto X has both buttons available for me when setting landscape. why is there no official or even unofficial landscape dock?

As long as I'm complaining,
It takes a pretty super person to see an article they don't agree with on the front page of androidcentral.com and race to the forum where people will agree with it so they can **** in the thread.
Great job

Not hating at all I own a S4 and like the button layout. So it would be awkward to use the X. But it does have its advantages like you mentioned when in landscape. Wish I could try one but with Christmas coming up ima have to wait.

Sent from my N9500 using AC Forums mobile app

JoeyyNY

May 10, 2013
Visit site
No phone is the best, You like it buy it, Who cares what everyone else says... Seriously. . :thumbup:

Sent by the Best phone to live NOTE 3

BCWARE

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
My wife and I both got new phones about two months ago....both coming from Galaxy Nexus. She picked the LG G2, I picked the Moto X. As much as I loved my Gnex, I love the Moto X even more....its just perfect for me and if anyone asks me what to buy, I tell them before they can finish asking. There are no downfalls....nearly pure Android...useful additions...perfect size for me...fast....and I got Kit Kat OTA three weeks from launch....BEFORE my Nexus 7 did.( and there is not any information anywhere about the G2 getting it....ever.) And then there is the battery life which is amazing....so good that I have had to train myself NOT to put it on the charger at all times. I have played with my wife's...and there is just too much extra junk on it for me. NIce phone, but too much extra crap.

To each, his own...but the Moto X is the best phone out there for me. If I wanted to wait another month, I would have considered the Nexus 5, but I feel like I got the 'next best thing'.....which saying that even downplays how strongly I feel about the X

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
To be fair, I think most people haven't used most of the phones that are out there. How can a person possibly go through all of the Android phones on the market, and make their decisions based on that? The Moto X has a unique feature set that is appealing to some people. But its also lacking a great deal of features and/or "horsepower" that is offered by a lot of other phones. I haven't used an LG G2, or a Galaxy Note 3. If things were different, maybe I would buy one. But as it turns out, there is only one phone that has the "always listening" feature that I really wanted.

Had the S4, HTC One, G2. Sold them. Except the S4, which my daughter swiped :) Had the Note 2. Sold it. I carry the Moto X every day. I''m not missing a thing. Of the phones I got rid of, the only one that came close to as good an experience as the Moto X would be the One.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Moto X is nice, but I think there are better options like the G2 and Note 3. .

It is silly when big blogs say there is a *best phone to buy* but many readers are looking for a way to decide because they simply can't for themselves. While I agree the moto x is one of the best, for my needs, there are better choices. But hey, the Moto X is one heck of a American made beast and I am okay with the Giants calling it the best!