The best Android phone you can buy ​? the Moto X

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
keep in mind X has on screen buttons, so "usable" area of the screen is more like 4.4" compared to a phone with capacitive buttons. So s4 with its capacitive buttons will seem much larger than the X than 5" vs 4.7" would lead you to believe.

Sent from my XT1053

When you subtract the on-screen buttons, it's actually 4.56" of space. Much closer to 4.7" than what you would be led to believe. And besides, with KitKat, the new immersive mode lets you use lots of applications without the on-screen buttons taking up space.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Have we really gotten to the point where a 720p screen is considered bad for reading? I can read perfectly fine on my 768p Nexus 4, so I don't see how it would be difficult on the Moto X.

Some people are at the same place they always were and refuse to move from: MOAR SPECS = MORE BETTER!

Posted via Android Central App

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Some people are at the same place they always were and refuse to move from: MOAR SPECS = MORE BETTER!

Agreed. In the case of a screen though, I'd say a higher resolution is better (at least until you pass that threshold of about 1080p or 400ppi), but a 720p screen is still far more than adequate.

ericizzy1

May 17, 2010
Visit site
When you subtract the on-screen buttons, it's actually 4.56" of space. Much closer to 4.7" than what you would be led to believe. And besides, with KitKat, the new immersive mode lets you use lots of applications without the on-screen buttons taking up space.
Do you need to enbale this mode or is it on by default?

MichaelMcEntire

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Remember, at least for now, the moto X is $349 off contract. But other than during this deal, I guess Nexus phones would be a better deal.

Have we really gotten to the point where a 720p screen is considered bad for reading? I can read perfectly fine on my 768p Nexus 4, so I don't see how it would be difficult on the Moto X.
And likewise, is the Snapdragon S4 Pro really considered bad for gaming? It's only a step below the Snapdragon 600, and again, from experience from my N4, I have no problem with playing games (even 3D games). Truth is, while the Moto X doesn't have the best specs, it's still a powerhouse.

I actually thought this processor was only a S4 pro by name. I thought the X8 was more like a S600 cut in half with two low power cores added for special features and off loading of menial tasks. It even has the same GPU doesn't it?

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I actually thought this processor was only a S4 pro by name. I thought the X8 was more like a S600 cut in half with two low power cores added for special features and off loading of menial tasks. It even has the same GPU doesn't it?

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

I don't think so; from looking at the specs it looks just like the dual-core MSM8960 Pro. I believe that's the Nexus 7 (2013) whose processor is an S4 Pro by name but closer to an S600 in reality.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I don't think so; from looking at the specs it looks just like the dual-core MSM8960 Pro. I believe that's the Nexus 7 (2013) whose processor is an S4 Pro by name but closer to an S600 in reality.

The Nexus 7 (2013) has a SD800. The Moto X has a modified S4 Pro (X8)

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
meenova is a good workaround. but the mimucare on kickstarter seems like a better work around. handles four types of cards and for 8 bucks. you cant beat that. two days left until their project ends. ill keep u updated if you want.

I am interested in reading your experience with it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

scrounger

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
meenova is a good workaround. but the mimucare on kickstarter seems like a better work around. handles four types of cards and for 8 bucks. you cant beat that. two days left until their project ends. ill keep u updated if you want.

It might help as you post all over to add a link to the page.