I love my Moto X but...

cerebasan

May 1, 2011
Visit site
OK I have an iPhone 5 and a Moto X and in comparing the two I just have a couple niggles I need resolving:
The signal meter on the Moto X randomly drops to zero. Signal Check Pro indicates there is signal. Maybe the radio didn't flash properly from KitKat? I'm on Sprint. The iPhone sitting next to it doesn't have any drops.
The volume via the speaker is lower than the iPhone. At max I think they are similar but the low end is low. Any ideas? Don't want to root.
Thank you Moto X community for your advice. I really love this phone.

Posted via Android Central App

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
OK I have an iPhone 5 and a Moto X and in comparing the two I just have a couple niggles I need resolving:
The signal meter on the Moto X randomly drops to zero. Signal Check Pro indicates there is signal. Maybe the radio didn't flash properly from KitKat? I'm on Sprint. The iPhone sitting next to it doesn't have any drops.
The volume via the speaker is lower than the iPhone. At max I think they are similar but the low end is low. Any ideas? Don't want to root.

Interesting. Does this happen frequently? And are both devices from Sprint?

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
The signal drop is something I've noticed since I bought the phone at launch. However, I've never had a dropped call from this so I'm not sure if its actually losing signal.

My athletes who have iPhones cannot get signal in the hill spot we travel too while my moto still gets a strong 4g signal, so I know the radio is excellent in the X.

The volume has been adjusted since kit Kat on the x. Its a lot lower and needs to be raised again in my opinion.

tech addicted

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
The signal drop is something I've noticed since I bought the phone at launch. However, I've never had a dropped call from this so I'm not sure if its actually losing signal.

My athletes who have iPhones cannot get signal in the hill spot we travel too while my moto still gets a strong 4g signal, so I know the radio is excellent in the X.

The volume has been adjusted since kit Kat on the x. Its a lot lower and needs to be raised again in my opinion.

Yes that's true when I got my phone the volume was so load I loved it now its lower why the hell would they do that ,if it bothered people than they can turn it down !

I really hope they fix that!!!

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I haven't noticed any signal drop in mine since kitkat versus my gfs iPhone however when I am downtown Portland it shows I have a strong signal but nothing works like there is none.

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
OP youre not alone. There seems to be something about the sprint built moto x thats just not right.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
What is the best way to report it? Thru the moto care app?
If you open the moto care app, it gives you the option to call. I would call moto care and speak with tech support directly, but I would wait until Monday during working hours CST so that you get someone in the US.

scrounger

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
You may also want to post it on the Motorola Support forum. Others that have or may have the issues will be able to find solutions there. Matt is in charge with the help of several very helpful moderators (who do not work for Motorola)

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

Hmm, I'm not experiencing any of those issues on my Moto X. I will even say that my Moto X gets the exact same reception with no signal drops and the speaker might be even louder than my iPhone 5.