Mugen Power 2800mAh Battery Case for the Moto X

David Fishbeck

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Its ugly. Moto x just pops in. Not a full case. Front of the phone sticks out. Just got it so I don't know how long the battery life is. But ever since the 4.4.2 update my battery life has been aweful.

conan1071

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
Not that I noticed. Of course who could tell. My X was never a good traveling phone. Reception was always shaky. I got rid of it because it made me miss and important call in Jackson Ms. Kept dropping the call and it was naked at the time.

Armadillo, the other white meat.

I thought Motorola had the best signal strength and best antennas?

Posted via Android Central App

Mark_Venture

Oct 30, 2009
mark.cdmaforums.com
Actually I have not gotten down there yet since I got the X, but I am going the second week in May and I am looking for a power case to hold me over. I actually have 2 X's. One has a smashed screen and is no longer used as a phone but, with the plethora of specialty apps, works fine as a camera; since I take a gazilllion photos I could use a power case to keep that X going throughout the day.

Have a Magical Day!

K
I go down the end of this month. Last time we went, my phone was the HTC Thunderbolt. I used 2 standard batteries and one Rezound battery to make it through the day then, and my point and shoot was dead about 1/2 way through the day. :) We take pictures through the day, and post to facebook, so we use our phones for that. Rest of the pix and movies are taken with our Point and Shoot (Nikon S8200) and our old Sony HDR-SR11 (cam corder).

This trip I have an Anker? 2nd Gen Astro3 12000mAh Portable External Battery so I can charge my phone, my wife's iPhone, and the S8200 throughout the day.

The only bad part is when using the X with it, it constantly draws the power, even when the phone reaches 100%, it still keeps drawing from the Anker. Then again, it does this when plugged into AC charger too.

techitrucker

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I thought Motorola had the best signal strength and best antennas?

Ya, that's the theory. If your travel constantly like me you find that Moto really ain't that great unless your sitting still. They never seem to hand off towers right and don't get me started on Moto Bluetooth issues. On Android the only thing worse for me was Samsung. HTC, Blackberry and Nokia where always solid and the HTC I have right now holds true to that. The older Iphones sucked. The 5 and 5s seem pretty good though. My kid travels with me in the summer and that's what he uses. I liked the Moto X but I use my phone to run my business. I don't have time to be a beta tester and signal and battery just weren't very good for which is kind of funny really. A large portion of my business is installing towers and data centers for Verizon and Sprint. You would think.....

conan1071

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
Not that I noticed. Of course who could tell. My X was never a good traveling phone. Reception was always shaky. I got rid of it because it made me miss and important call in Jackson Ms. Kept dropping the call and it was naked at the time.

What carrier was your moto x on?

techitrucker

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
What carrier was your moto x on?

Verizon Wireless. It was a developer edition. Don't really think it was the network. My sister is on Sprint and has similar issues. I think she's getting rid if hers for and S5 though the term out of the frying pan comes to mind...,

kobolila

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Hello again, took me a while to find this thread again.

>>So how long did the X last at Disney World? (I'm going at the end of April, so I'm curious...) <<<

You are of course back by now, hope you had a great time there, I did.

In answer to your question the Incipio power case worked great; by late afternoon with many photos taken the cameras battery was getting real low; I pressed the button on the back and the case recharged the battery as it was designed; loved it so much it is now my everyday case.

If you are enamored with the slim & sleek design of the X you may hate this case because it adds some serious bulk; not unlike the otterbox cases, but it does what it us supposed to do and I am quite happy with it; add a tempered glass screen protector and you wont have too many worries about damaging your phone or have it run dry early in the day.

Have a Magical Day

Gary Hodson

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I bought the 1st vsn of moto x mugen power extender... Loved it right up to point I shattered my screen on my moto x. Then filed insurance claim through Asurion.... Didn't make orig moto x anymore, so, they warrantied it with moto x gen2. [edited by Moderator] I am a telecommunications technician. I used my phone all day every day. That Mugen power supply almost tripled my battery life of my orig Moto X. If you read this and still love ur orig moto x.... And you want battery back up without plugs... This an excellent option. Way worth the investment if you have pocket big enough to put in or if you like to carry it a back pack / purse and use Bluetooth. If you have the sliding type car mount that fits multiple sizes of phones and uses a spring loaded clamp style holding mechanism.. It fits into the holder great. Especially sideways.

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I bought the 1st vsn of moto x mugen power extender... Loved it right up to point I shattered my screen on my moto x. Then filed insurance claim through Asurion.... Didn't make orig moto x anymore, so, they warrantied it with moto x gen2. [edited by Moderator] I am a telecommunications technician. I used my phone all day every day. That Mugen power supply almost tripled my battery life of my orig Moto X. If you read this and still love ur orig moto x.... And you want battery back up without plugs... This an excellent option. Way worth the investment if you have pocket big enough to put in or if you like to carry it a back pack / purse and use Bluetooth. If you have the sliding type car mount that fits multiple sizes of phones and uses a spring loaded clamp style holding mechanism.. It fits into the holder great. Especially sideways.

Posted via the Android Central App
Your post has been edited. If you want to sell something please read the marketplace guidelines linked to in my signature.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4