SOL Republic JAX

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Sol republic jax

I have a pair. They are surprisingly good as Phil stated. My son, the audio junkie liked them so much he bought a pair too.

Posted via Android Central App on my Ebony backed Moto X

SmithlandCart

Banned
Feb 27, 2014
Visit site

Anyone use these headphones?
I really like the sound but what I don't like is the placement of the micrphone. It is in the middle of the Y where the 2 ear wires come together. It rubs against my chest if I am moving while taking a call and callers complain about the noise they hear.

I prefer the microphone to be on 1 of the arms of the Y rather than at the V for this reason. But they sound great for the price and even for a higher price they sound great.

curley1441

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site

I like mine, they sound even better with some Comply foam tips they give them just a little more sound isolation and better fit.

udazavlanje

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Have them for 3 months. Good for music but HORRIBLE as hands free set. The worst I ever had. People cant hear me unless I keep the mic on my lips - even then , I hear complaints. Another prob in call functionality is that it won't answer and end calls. To me , they are extremely overpriced as a phone accessory.

Posted via Android Central App
VZW Moto X

Reciprocal

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Weirdly, the volume on the ones I got from Motorola is noticeably lower than a pair I got from FYE. Don't know if that was a Motorola request or something, but its a bit annoying.

Posted via Android Central App

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'll echo what others have said. I got mine in November when I got my X, though I got them for fee due to issues with my order. They sound pretty good. They are pretty comfy. They look cool. I like them over all, but the mic does suck. Since I don't use the mic that often, I like them. If I used the mic very often at all, I would strongly prefer the buds that came in box with my HTC One, as they sound nearly as good, have a flat tangle resistant cord like the JAX, but have a much better mic. In fact, I still do take the buds that came with my One (or a set of Rocket Fish active noise canceling buds I have, which also came with Comply foam tips that I agree are excellent) whenever I know I'm going to be making calls.