Message notification repeat?

inquisitorA

Dec 30, 2021
Visit site
Is there any way to have my text mssg notification play twice? I have a longer tone but i still worry ill miss it & i use my phone for work. Id really like it to play the sound when the txt comes in, and if its not checked in 3 or 4 min, play the sound again, not just vibrate. I looked around but i cant find any kind of "replay once" option or anything.

Am i SOL?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Are you saying that you’ve set it to do that in Notifications, but that it only offers vibrations, not sounds?

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Google Messages has a reminder option in one hour but I'm guessing you want it to be more immediate?

My previous management role was in a somewhat noisy environment and I couldn't always hear notifications. That's when I gave smartwatches a try and haven't ever looked back since.

I always keep my phone on silent or vibrate nowadays. And if your concern is your work could damage the watch, they have rugged cases for them.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Is there any way to have my text mssg notification play twice? I have a longer tone but i still worry ill miss it & i use my phone for work. Id really like it to play the sound when the txt comes in, and if its not checked in 3 or 4 min, play the sound again, not just vibrate. I looked around but i cant find any kind of "replay once" option or anything.

Am i SOL?
In settings>notifications>advanced >repeat notifications can set it at different time intervals see if that works
0f2f441f4a8ff2ffa3c7e6fb80978163.jpg

monkeycsk

Nov 30, 2017
Visit site

Am i SOL?
i use the aodNotify app which allows you can set the notification time from 5 seconds to 30 seconds to 5 minutes. the notification will pop up if you phone is in standby mode, then the notification will also show up in AOD screen. you can also configure the display time for the notification light - i.e. show 30s on/30s off...etc)

Last edited:
Reactions: jtfwTX

inquisitorA

Dec 30, 2021
Visit site
i use the aodNotify app which allows you can set the notification time from 5 seconds to 30 seconds to 5 minutes. the notification will pop up if you phone is in standby mode, then the notification will also show up in AOD screen. you can also configure the display time for the notification light - i.e. show 30s on/30s off...etc)

That sounds cool actually, ill check it out, ty :)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000