Anyone get ISIS to install on AT&T Moto X?

FSRBIKER

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
If anyone has been able to get ISIS to install on a AT&T Moto X please let me know how you did it. I just can't figure out how to get it to install.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
If anyone has been able to get ISIS to install on a AT&T Moto X please let me know how you did it. I just can't figure out how to get it to install.
It won't show as available for me in the Play Store. Have you considered trying Google Wallet (assuming the places you shop use it)?

FSRBIKER

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
I have Google Wallet already, I want to get the free $50 from American Express by using ISIS. I'm rooted so tried pushing the app to system/app and data/app set permissions, etc but still won't install. Tried using Root Claok Xposed module and even unrooting but still no good, something I found online yesterday suggests At&t needs to make a change in your account to turn ISIS on. I already have a secured SIM from them so it might work if I have an approved ISIS phone on my line activate the SIM then switch back to my Moto X.

jasoraso

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm on Verizon; but I just wanted to confirm that Rootcloak works for me :) Without rootcloak, I think Isis will still download; but it won't finish initializing on the first run.
Give AT*T a call and see if they need to flip a switch on your settings; you also might verify you have a NFC secure element SIM card.

Also, are you on a custom rom? If the build.prop file isn't correct, then it won't show in the Play Store (at least on Verizon). That is more important than having hiding Root. In my experience, a rooted phone will still show Isis in the Play Store, it just won't initialize properly once downloaded. If you aren't seeing it in the Play store, then something must be wrong with your ROM - maybe try a stock rom (and then add root and xposed/rootcloak after).

I got a $40 credit on a new American Express Serve card; and there's an Isis promo that give you $1 credit for each purchase over $1 for the next 3 months :) My favorite stop in the morning is to get a Pepsi for $1.06 and they have a tap-to-pay reader :)

Needless to say, I switched from having Google Wallet as my default tap-to-pay program. I prefer Google Wallet; but the freebies are too good to pass up for now. I live in Utah and they have been running lots of good Isis freebies for the last year - I wish the light rail was still free :( My phone was always rooted (HTC DNA) and before RootCloak, I only managed to get Isis working for about 2 weeks on that phone.

FSRBIKER

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Can someone pull the apk so I can sideload it please. Since I have a GSM Dev Edition it's already on 4.4.2 so will not get an update with ISIS from AT&T.

techitrucker

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
My understanding is even when it's available, it won't work on a rooted phone. If it's not available on AT&T already I'm kind of surprised. I was in there today buying a battery case for my phone and every item was stickered with "Get Isis" stickers and there where posters on all the walls and windows. It was almost sad how desperate they seemed to get people to use it. I'm on Verizon and he even asked me if I was using it.

Posted via Android Central App

Jim Wooten

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Here's a little clarification. When you update to 4.4.2, don't go to Play Store to look for the app. It isn't there. Look at the app icons, it won't be in the letter 'I' for Isis, it will be in 'W' for Wallet. It will have the familiar Isis icon. Now, look in Settings/Device, scroll to the bottom and touch 'Tap & pay'. You'll see Isis Wallet there. So they have bundled it in the upgrade, but it doesn't appear in the store. Now to make a trip to the AT & T store to get another secure element nano SIM activated and deactivate the Samsung GS3.

techitrucker

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I see Isis in the tap and pay menu option. But what is all this talk about a nfc sim card? At&t moto x here on 4.4.2

Isis works a little different than Google Wallet. It uses a hardware secure element instead of software. The secure element is locked down by the carrier and provides the security for the transaction. It is why Google Wallet would not work on a lot of carriers phones until Kitkat. The carriers would not allow anyone to use the secure element for "security reasons" other than the one app they approved which just happened to be the one they owned. The secure element is actually contained in the Sim card so if you don't have a sim card with a secure element,say it's and older Sim then you will need to go to the carrier store to get one. It's s pretty simple process. If you got your phone recently and it has NFC there is a good chance the Sim already has a secure element. You can probably just call customer service and ask. If you already use Google Wallet you can have both installed and Wallet will still work but only one can be active at a time. A popup will come up when you open either app to pick one or the other if it's not already the active app when you open it. It's a pain but it will keep you from spending money on the wrong account when you pop into McDonald's. You can also change the active app in the Tap 2 Pay part of the device settings.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
It came to my phone with the 4.4.2 update. I disabled it because I use google wallet almost every day with tap and pay or my wallet card.

Sent from my Moto X!

adamrayy

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
You just set up an American Express serve account through Isis and they give you $50 to use through Isis or if you wait 7-10 days you'll get a physical card in the mail. Through May 23 I believe. NO strings attached. Just good ol free spending money

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I did the update, and isis was installed.. However, im not used to the service, and prefer google Wallet.. Sadly everywhere local has disabled the NFC readers..

jmettee

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Haven't tried Isis as I don't use any of those cards. But I'm extremely disappointed with Google Wallet. The only place it works is McDonald's. I've tried at Best Buy near me & the cashier said "I've never seen that work".

jexx

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Haven't tried Isis as I don't use any of those cards. But I'm extremely disappointed with Google Wallet. The only place it works is McDonald's. I've tried at Best Buy near me & the cashier said "I've never seen that work".

I've used it (Google Wallet) successfully at Rite Aid, CVS, Chevron Gas stations and Whole Foods to name a few. I too wish it was more prevalent and available in more places.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38