QuickOffice or GoogleDocs... on Moto X??

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Google owns QuickOffice. All of the QuickOffice features will be absorbed into Google Drive, and QuickOffice will be completely discontinued.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Since Google docs won't open any of the files I download from my work email I fail to see how Google docs "replaces" Quickoffice in any way. Annoying.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Since Google docs won't open any of the files I download from my work email I fail to see how Google docs "replaces" Quickoffice in any way. Annoying.

What kind of files are they? Remember that QuickOffice hasn't been absorbed into Google Drive just yet. Once it is, Drive (meaning Docs, Slides, and the rest) will be a viable replacement, depending on the type of files (like Office).

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
What kind of files are they? Remember that QuickOffice hasn't been absorbed into Google Drive just yet. Once it is, Drive (meaning Docs, Slides, and the rest) will be a viable replacement, depending on the type of files (like Office).
I did some more messing around, and here's how it works (and doesn't work).

Save an attachment from your email (like docx). Open Docs. Click on "on device". Nothing is there. (that's why I thought it wasnt working)

However if you find the file in your downloads using a file manager, you can click on it and Docs will open it.

It wont handle csv files or pdf's though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty