Android remote control/phone

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Motorola has it on clearance for $9.99 originally $99.99. It is a gadget and not all that practical but it could be useful. I plan to use this on one of my tablets that has become a part time media center for an HDTV. Should make it alot easier to control without the HDMI cable hanging across the room. Will also try it out as a remote phone for my Moto X.

Bluetooth® Smart Controller for Android

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I keep seeing that advertised in daily deal sites as well. Let us know how well it works for you!

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Just received it today and have been playing with it for about 6 hours. It works very well pairing is simple. You can even connect it to 2 devices at once since it shows up as 2 devices. One as a bluetooth headset and the other a bluetooth input device. The finish is nice with a solid build without being heavy. Sound quality is great no one could tell the difference and I think it sounds better than my Moto X directly. It has an accelerometer or something also because it lights up from the smallest bump. It doesn't have an audible ring tone but has a strong vibration and the lights blink when there is an incoming call.

When I first started using it. I was alittle upset with how low the sensitivity was it would take 4 full swipes to cross the screen of my Moto X. Well after 4 more hours of toying with it. I was going through my setting menu and stumble on the Pointer Speed selection under Language & Input something I must of ignored in the past. Now was exactly what I needed. I didn't have to increase it much to find a comfortable speed. Now I can flick across 3/4 of my tablet's screen in one shot.

Last edited:

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I think he had some kind of bluetooth interference or a defective unit because I have no problem with pointer accuracy. It actually is very accurate on my Windows 7 PC. So I believe the device it is being used with has alot to do with pointer accuracy. I didn't have any device that was inaccurate but my Transformer TF-101 did have alot of cursor flicker.

Here is another review worth checking out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P5IvoQ9_P8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_x4_EaKXCI

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I didn't even think about using one of those with a PC. Hmmm, I'll have to think about picking one up for my Surface RT.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non