gmail 5.0

mikecosmo

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
I got the update from the play store this morning as well. Have a couple of questions:
1. I added my work IMAP account but there is no push support. I can only sync the account at intervals (ex. Every 5minutes). I have set up this account using the CloudMagic app and it supported push no problem. Any ideas?
2. I cannot add an exchange account. My only options are gmail or IMAP/pop3. How can I fix this?

Posted via Android Central App

yscty

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
I updated the app, thought I'd add my live email acct, while its pretty cool to have it all in one I don't like it as I now get notifications for the same email arriving twice....

How can I delete the live email from gmail without deleting that acct all together from my main stock email app I've been using?

cpaight

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure if there's a way to do it in the settings, but I did get a pop-up from Inbox asking if I wanted to silence Gmail notifications so I didn't get 2 for every email.

weksa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I updated the app, thought I'd add my live email acct, while its pretty cool to have it all in one I don't like it as I now get notifications for the same email arriving twice....

How can I delete the live email from gmail without deleting that acct all together from my main stock email app I've been using?

So to double check, you'd rather use the Email app for your Live account instead of Gmail? Further, you want to remove the Live account from the Gmail app? If so, proceed with my directions below:

In the Gmail app, open the hamburger menu (top left drawer). Tap the drop down arrow next to the current displayed account. You'll see "Manage Accounts." Choose your Live account. Instead of unchecking the box for Mail sync, tap the action overflow menu (3 dots, top right) and "Remove Account."

I've tested this and it works, leaving your Email app alone.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

Just turn off notifications in whatever app you don't want them in. So, in Gmail 5.0, click on the hamburger menu, go down to the bottom where it says "settings", click on your account, and un-check "notifications".

If you never intend to use Gmail on that device and want to not have Gmail sync at all, uncheck the "sync gmail" option.

yscty

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
So to double check, you'd rather use the Email app for your Live account instead of Gmail? Further, you want to remove the Live account from the Gmail app? If so, proceed with my directions below:

In the Gmail app, open the hamburger menu (top left drawer). Tap the drop down arrow next to the current displayed account. You'll see "Manage Accounts." Choose your Live account. Instead of unchecking the box for Mail sync, tap the action overflow menu (3 dots, top right) and "Remove Account."

I've tested this and it works, leaving your Email app alone.

Thank you, just did this and I believe it worked.....

slingshot202

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Why has GMAIL (or Droid) updated the app to uncheck Conversation Mode? I for one cannot stand conversation mode and half the time cannot figure out who or what I am trying to read or reply. I really want another app to check my GMail too rather than this stock app, but I don't think GMAIL or droid allows it.