How is soft is the "neutral" back

m3s54chris

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Going to grab a moto X on Monday with $140 discount and considering the Smoke or Black Neutral back - is it truly a "soft" grippy surface? any preference between smoke and black?

Thanks!

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I have slate (Gray) and it seems soft to the touch. Its my understanding that the black backing is a little more grippy though. However I love the slate look and feel just fine!

shamelin73

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I too have the slate and feels fine. It is almost like the black one at the AT$T store.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

fjd726

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I was thinking of buying this phone. How does the coupon code work? Is a lottery type system? Also in your opinion, is the camera adequate on this phone?

cheeto0

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
If you want grip order the moto x with any of the plastic or wood backs and stick a clear xtremeguard skin on the back. It has Very good grip.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I was thinking of buying this phone. How does the coupon code work? Is a lottery type system? Also in your opinion, is the camera adequate on this phone?

If the coupon codes are working the same way this time as they were on cyber Monday when I got mine then its just a first come first serve. I requested my code the minute they became available, and I heard that they ran out quickly. I would get it as soon as you can.

corolla90

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I have the Slate back and found it pretty slippery compared to my 2013 Moto X waffle black back, which I found quite grippy. I ended up popping on a dBrand skin (siver titanium), which has helped.

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: How is soft is the "neutral" back

I had the black plastic back on mine before I physically switched it to a bamboo back I got off eBay.

The black back has a slight texture to it like leather (but not quite) so it's sightly grippy.

I really liked the black back but I like the look of bamboo even more now. 😉

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty