Ayon have a suggestion for a quality soft case?

Jimmy_W

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I just got a new S23+ and I'd like a case that's soft but highly drop resistant with an open face. I had a Tech21 for my S22, but I wasn't fond of it. I'm trying a UAG Plus (see pic), which is a hard case. I would think a soft case would be less prone to impact when I drop the phone on a hard surface. Thanks.

21dcddc0-973d-4b6e-af6e-b5d355e9db48.png

Attachments

• 21dcddc0-973d-4b6e-af6e-b5d355e9db48.png
    21dcddc0-973d-4b6e-af6e-b5d355e9db48.png
    177.7 KB · Views: 30

Jimmy_W

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I tried the Otterbox in this attached pic. As you'll see, Amazon showed it a for S23+ only, however it did not fit. It was a bit too tall.

f6db7e3d-31cb-49ff-9e83-51c2ab010efb.png

evanborkow

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Thanks. I tried the Otterbox in this attached pic. As you'll see, Amazon showed it a for S23+ only, however it did not fit. It was a bit too tall.

View attachment 357989
The last OtterBox Defender I used was exactly what you're looking for... dual layer protection with a nice soft cushioned, grippy outer layer. Super protective case...I loved it. But that was also 5-6 years ago, and it made a small phone huge in the pocket... super bulky case. It did come with a belt holster setup though.

I noticed the case above is the same design... I would suspect that since their selling the case only (the case and belt holster come together normally) and it comes in non-retail packaging, that they're selling used cases, and made a mistake with your size.

If you buy the retail version it will fit and be what you're looking for, but it won't be cheap unless you hunt down a sale, and won't fit in your pocket.

But in my opinion if you're looking for ultimate protection, nothing protects better... including the waterproof plugs for all the phone ports 👍

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Jimmy_W

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I bought from Amazon- NOT in retail packaging. Am I right in seeing that the Defender covers the front and back? If so, that's a deal-killer. Plus, I want to carry the phone in my front pocket.

Last edited:

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I bought from Amazon- NOT in retail packaging. Am I right in seeing that the Defender covers the front and back? If so, that's a deal-killer. Plus, I want to carry the phone in my front pocket.
No it doesn't cover the front, just a protective lip around the screen. But pocket carry will probably depend on what type of pockets you have, and how comfortable you are with a pocket stuffed full of phone+case.

The reason I quit using the OtterBox was because the newer phones got to big for me to fit in my pocket with the case on. I still really miss that feeling of ultimate protection though 😞

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
No it doesn't cover the front, just a protective lip around the screen. But pocket carry will probably depend on what type of pockets you have, and how comfortable you are with a pocket stuffed full of phone+case.

The reason I quit using the OtterBox was because the newer phones got to big for me to fit in my pocket with the case on. I still really miss that feeling of ultimate protection though
Same here. The S10+ was the last phone I had an Otterbox for. The S22 Ultra is too big for Otterbox in my pocket.