Will the Moto X Style/Moto X Pure Edition work on Verizon? (YES)

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: Verizon Wireless

I will be preordering from work today. Already got a reminder set 5 minutes before it goes live. Can't wait to design my phone!

Posted via the Android Central App

landale

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site

Users with the unlocked Nexus 6 (bought from the Play store, not Verizon) reported that VoLTE worked on that device since it's built into 5.1.1. Now, maybe that's because there was also a N6 on Verizon? not sure, but I hope that it is just because Android 5.1.1 supports VoLTE.

It's because Verizon also sells it. The Nexus 6 didn't even get VoLTE until it was released by Verizon as well. In theory stock Android 5.1 supports Verizon's VoLTE but the Moto X (2014) didn't get it with the update so it's not a given. I'd like to wait to be sure.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

It's because Verizon also sells it. The Nexus 6 didn't even get VoLTE until it was released by Verizon as well. In theory stock Android 5.1 supports Verizon's VoLTE but the Moto X (2014) didn't get it with the update so it's not a given. I'd like to wait to be sure.

yeah, if this phone doesn't work on their network for whatever reason, I'll just return it.

lewwill

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

Who on Verizon is going to order one today? Are you worried about them blocking activation of the device on the network?

As a long time Verizon Customer, over 12 years, I am concerned that they will not activate the device after i purchase it. They have such a spotty track record with this kind of stuff.

I called Verizon support several days ago and they will support it. They said I could use the sim from my Maxx, a nano sim, and you can switch phones on the Verizon site.
Further information, I just got off the phone with Verizon technical support who confirmed they will support the Pure and if you want a new sim card instead of switching you can go to a Vericon company store and they will install the new sim and transfer the number to the new phone for free.

Last edited:

landale

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: Verizon VoLTE?

No word yet in any of the reviews as it seems most have been testing it on AT&T. On the bright side the specs list shows band 12 for T-Mobile which T-Mobile only allows for phones with VoLTE so maybe that's a good sign? Band 12 was removed from both the Moto E and G since both lack VoLTE. I imagine we will know soon.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: Will the Moto X Style/Moto X Pure Edition work on Verizon?

I'm not in so much of a hurry that I can't wait for reviews to make sure the camera is an improvement over their typical garbage cameras...

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Moto X Pure on Verizon

Does anyone know if the pure will support all of Verizon's 3g and 1X bands? I want to get this phone but I travel a lot and I find myself often on a 3g or 1X tower. Thanks.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: Moto X Pure on Verizon

Yes, but don't expect Verizon to offer much help if any at all until they "certify" it which is just BS.

travaz

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site

This was posted on another will the pure work on Verizon thread:
I called Verizon support several days ago and they will support it. They said I could use the sim from my Maxx, a nano sim, and you can switch phones on the Verizon site.
Further information, I just got off the phone with Verizon technical support who confirmed they will support the Pure and if you want a new sim card instead of switching you can go to a Verizon company store and they will install the new sim and transfer the number to the new phone for free.

Edit I chatted with Verizon about using a Pure Edition onto their network and the person said" You Should have no problem with the Motorola Pure Edition" He said it would not change any of my billing or current options and I could go to a store and get a new sim if I wanted or use my current from the turbo.

Last edited:

Samsung.Galaxy.S3

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

Further information, I just got off the phone with Verizon technical support who confirmed they will support the Pure and if you want a new sim card instead of switching you can go to a Vericon company store and they will install the new sim and transfer the number to the new phone for free.

Would I have to turn in or exchange the sim card on my GS3 for a nano sim? Or would they just give me the new nano sim while I get to keep my current sim card?

ndonnine

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site

You actually get new Nano sims every time you switch phones? I've been switching with the same NANO Verizon sim for about 8 months now and have gone through 4 different phones.. They stopped checking a while ago. As long as it's the same sim card size they don't care and it works fully. The phone even updates on your Verizon account automatically.

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site

What do you mean switch phones on the Verizon site? So I can't just insert active sim and use it?

XT1060

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Yes, but don't expect Verizon to offer much help if any at all until they "certify" it which is just BS.

I have a feeling that with the recent Verizon unlocked iPhone/Nexus news, people won't be having issues this time around.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)