Will the Moto X Style/Moto X Pure Edition work on Verizon? (YES)

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Re: Trouble Activating on Verizon?

Well duh! Sometimes I crack me up! Thought I had figured out in my mind :p how I was going to get this all to work with no snags on Verizon, but maybe there's an easier way for me to go from my current micro sim to a nano sim.

If I take the new nano sim, put it in a nano-to-micro adapter in my current phone, then update online as itguyjax8430 suggested, the new nano sim should be ready to go in my MPXE (if it ever arrives *sigh*). Yes?

Am I correct (as Scratch4 & djh2011 mentioned) that the adapted nano sim should already be in my old phone (and the old phone turned ON?) when I do the online change?

So, then if all that goes as expected, what happens when Moto & Verizon actually DO get together with the correct MXPE imei numbers after I've entered online the imei of my old phone? Will Verizon's system automatically update the old imei to that of the new MXPE?

Apologies for all the questions, but I can't be without a phone, & I only want to do this sim thing once.
(Verizon, why do you have to make life so difficult???) :confused:

Yes. I believe that should work. Just be careful which adapter you use. A cheap one might screw up your current phone while removing it.

Posted via the Android Central App

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for this info! But doesn't the new nano sim need to be IN the current phone when you click "change phones"? I'm assuming that it does (that's why the store can't activate the new nano SIM), so I was going to purchase a Nano to Micro SIM adapter. If not, then that's great! But then why can't stores just do this?

I don't think you have to have it in there when you switch the phones. The service is going to swap online either way. They guys in the stores want you to buy a Verizon phone from them more than likely.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

So, then if all that goes as expected, what happens when Moto & Verizon actually DO get together with the correct MXPE imei numbers after I've entered online the imei of my old phone? Will Verizon's system automatically update the old imei to that of the new MXPE?

Verizon's system will update with the new IMEI from the MXPE phone. It will show "NON-Verizon Device" in the system but it will have the new IMEI for the MXPE saved in the system.

Laineyc

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I just put my OG Moto X Verizon SIM in my new Pure Edition.

No issues, worked perfectly

How did you get your apps, pics, music, etc. From your old phone to the new? Moto Migrate?

Sent from my XT1060 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

ezvv

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
How did you get your apps, pics, music, etc. From your old phone to the new? Moto Migrate?

Sent from my XT1060 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

I just popped my sim from my 2014X in and I used the moto migrate and the tap to set up. Basically set the new XPE up the same as my old 2014X.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
My coworker just got his new Moto X pure edition in the mail yesterday. He needed to activate a new line of service with Verizon on his parents family plan. He went into our local Verizon corporate store with his phone and told them that his parents had authorized him on their account to be able to add a line of service. They checked their system and it showed that he could do that. He said he wanted to activate this phone on his parents family share plan as a new line of service. 15 minutes later he walked out of the store with his new line of service activated and everything went perfect. He's really loving his new phone.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I bought one of those microsd to nano sim cutters from Amazon for under $8. Got it in two days and nano-nanoed my Note 4 sim. Working fine in my Note 4 with the plastic micro sim adapter it came with.

Jheebs

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I bought one of those microsd to nano sim cutters from Amazon for under $8. Got it in two days and nano-nanoed my Note 4 sim. Working fine in my Note 4 with the plastic micro sim adapter it came with.

R.I.P. R.W.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
My coworker just got his new Moto X pure edition in the mail yesterday. He needed to activate a new line of service with Verizon on his parents family plan. He went into our local Verizon corporate store with his phone and told them that his parents had authorized him on their account to be able to add a line of service. They checked their system and it showed that he could do that. He said he wanted to activate this phone on his parents family share plan as a new line of service. 15 minutes later he walked out of the store with his new line of service activated and everything went perfect. He's really loving his new phone.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

Thanks for this update.

Also, Droid-Life has this update on their page this morning:
http://www.droid-life.com/2015/09/15/an-update-on-activating-moto-x-pure-editions-at-verizon/

nutzgrant

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Moto X Pure Unlocked Question / Verizon

I just ordered my phone on the MotoMaker website. I have Verizon. But I might switch in the near future to T-Mobile. Will this phone be able to move with me?

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: Moto X Pure Unlocked Question / Verizon

This phone is indeed sim unlocked and you will simply need to insert whichever sim card you want and it will work

Sent from my XT1575

socal

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: Moto X Pure Unlocked Question / Verizon

Bought the Nexus 6 ten days ago, took it to VZW store and they gave me a free nano sim to fire it up. Just got the XPE this morning, transferred the sim and it's working fine.

djh2011

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Well, sitting here in the store. No luck on a known IMEI. At least a knowledgeable rep is eager to figure it out besides saying he just can't do it. But, I shouldn't have to wait for this carrier to get it right. Good Grief Verizon

djh2011

May 1, 2011
Visit site
So, I left without a fix. However, the rep gave me a new micro sim so I could just cut my existing micro and have a new micro to keep for my G3 if I needed it. However, I had a micro from a previous device I cut down a couple of days. I used the adapter the nano cutter came with and inserted into G3. Called vzw and they switched Sims. Then I inserted the cut in to my X.

Rep said Droid life put out an article that indicated a Friday fix for Verizon and motorola.

Scratch4

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
So, I left without a fix. However, the rep gave me a new micro sim so I could just cut my existing micro and have a new micro to keep for my G3 if I needed it. However, I had a micro from a previous device I cut down a couple of days. I used the adapter the nano cutter came with and inserted into G3. Called vzw and they switched Sims. Then I inserted the cut in to my X.

Rep said Droid life put out an article that indicated a Friday fix for Verizon and motorola.

I'm glad to hear this worked for you. That's kind of my plan tomorrow when I should be receiving a new nano-SIM from Verizon. Hope to get that activated by putting it in my Galaxy via sim adapter and by calling Verizon, then swapping it into the Moto X.