Moto X Style (Moto X Pure Edition): Moto Maker Customizations

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Re: Motorola: Open Motomaker!!

I'm curious when I'll get an email saying I can order one. I signed up on Motorola's site.

Jyscal

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

I'm curious when I'll get an email saying I can order one. I signed up on Motorola's site.

From my past experiences from launches, you are better off watching the news since it will break before actually sending that email out and you might be too late by that point.

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site

Yes, the only way I managed to get Nexus 4 and Nexus 5 at launch was to literally sit there on the day and refresh the page over and over for a while until the store page popped up. I knew roughly what day and roughly what time it was going to be announced due to leaks and rumours, of course.

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: White or Black front?

Black without a doubt! I've had 2 phones with a white front ... The first one and the last one LOL
Seriously though, as some have already mentioned, all the sensors staring at me just turn me off! Black keeps them hidden and makes them super skinny side bezels even more sleek looking!

G4'ed it!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

I've got to go with black on the front. Being able to see the sensors on white creeps me out!

sent via Nexus Assassin Edition. Gonfaloniere.

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site

I used to prefer black on the front until the iPhone 5 came out. My mom got the white model and holding it in person I just thought it looked really nice. Now I prefer white phones and I'll be getting the white front Moto X PE with the walnut back.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

I usually prefer black front bezels on phones and like having the entire face match when the phone is off. That said, I like the lighter backs on the Moto X style so I would probably go with the untreated aluminum trim with a bamboo or light grey silicone back.

I'm thinking along the same lines. I love the bamboo back on my 2014 X and I prefer black fronts that disappear into the background when I'm playing videos, etc., but I think the silver-gray/metallic accents look super classy from the few pics we've seen so far.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

Black front for me for sure. As others have mentioned, it just blends in and doesn't distract from the screen and when the screen is off the whole front is all the same color, black. I don't like my phones to be super flashy looking. That's why I went with a black front a dark ebony wood back and black accents on my 2013 Moto X. My next one will probably be a very similar design.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I think they have the phone ready to sell but they want to sell moto g first..

But the base Style/Pure Edition is almost twice the price. Different customers.

And in the US, it'll work on all four major US carriers while the Moto G only works on two right now.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

White seems to stand out more so I'll be going with the white/champagne frame.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site

Yep, I wish MotoMaker was open just so I can play with different designs and figure out what I actually want for when the time comes to order.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

Yep, I wish MotoMaker was open just so I can play with different designs and figure out what I actually want for when the time comes to order.

I have an idea of what I want but would also like to preview it to make sure I like it. And I'll be on vacation that week so it would of been sweet to play with it and pre order and come home to a shiny new phone.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

I have an idea of what I want but would also like to preview it to make sure I like it. And I'll be on vacation that week so it would of been sweet to play with it and pre order and come home to a shiny new phone.

where are u going to that you won't be able to order it (not doubting it, just curious)?

Douglas_B

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site

I'm thinking along the same lines. I love the bamboo back on my 2014 X and I prefer black fronts that disappear into the background when I'm playing videos, etc., but I think the silver-gray/metallic accents look super classy from the few pics we've seen so far.

I agree - I looked at the darker accents but the light aluminum with the bamboo is just so clean/modern. Might be the first phone I place face down from time to time to see the rear of the device.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

I agree - I looked at the darker accents but the light aluminum with the bamboo is just so clean/modern. Might be the first phone I place face down from time to time to see the rear of the device.

I do that all the time with my 2013 X. The ebony wood back is just absolutely gorgeous. It's actually kind of soothing in a way to stare at it.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty