Moto X Style (Moto X Pure Edition): Moto Maker Customizations

spwexler

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
unnamed.pngOrdered mine today. 32gb silicone slate back metallic blue accent.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

PeltFrelken

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Do you like the leather version?

For those who got it, why do you like, or ended up disliking, the leather back?

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: Do you like the leather version?

I was admittedly on the fence. Either the wood or leather. I've wanted the wood version since the og X

I went with this...

View attachment 194810

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site

I was admittedly on the fence. Either the wood or leather. I've wanted the wood version since the og X

I went with this...

View attachment 194810

I also wanted the wood version since the original. I'm on Verizon and bought day one back then there was a moto maker exclusive with att for a few months so I had to get just black. Finally was able to use moto maker this time and it was so cool! I love my walnut back, it looks beautiful and isn't as slippery as I had feared. It's a great phone

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

I also wanted the wood version since the original. I'm on Verizon and bought day one back then there was a moto maker exclusive with att for a few months so I had to get just black. Finally was able to use moto maker this time and it was so cool! I love my walnut back, it looks beautiful and isn't as slippery as I had feared. It's a great phone

Yea, I never get the "slippery" argument.

I was a bit worried getting it with the wood back because of all the slippery posts. Glad I went for it.

MoPhoMan

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site

I don't like my leather back. It feels more like cardboard than leather. Previous versions felt great but the rough leather on the pure isn't as nice in the hand.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site

I don't like my leather back. It feels more like cardboard than leather. Previous versions felt great but the rough leather on the pure isn't as nice in the hand.
That's a shame to hear.

My wife likes the feel of her little saffiano (sp?) leather bag, which seems to have a somewhat similar texture built into it. But then again, she's not palming it when she's using it.

DarrenCarnall

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site

i bloody love my cognac leather back! I'd find it really hard to have a phone with a non-leather back after this. It was quite hard and shiny at the start (but still great) but it's slowly starting to get more matt as it get more and more use. And it's definitely softer feeling now. I love it! It's also nice and grippy.

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site

I had a cagnac leather back before having to return it because of a screen issue. I now have the red leather. The cognac was starting to get darker and much softer after about two months of use. I can't wait for this red back to do the same. Great backs.