How's the battery life on the Moto X Pure Edition?

cdubb1

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
Re: How's everyone's battery life?

I had a unit that got really hot and the battery was horrible. Got a different one and no heat and the battery is outstanding.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: How's everyone's battery life?

Still can get a full day's of use.

But I have access to Quick Charge 2.0 chargers at work (desk job) and in my car so battery life is not an issue.

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I've had great battery life. I'm a middle of the road user and have never really had it run out before bed. The only times it has come close was on heavy Google Map days, which understandably drains over the battery faster the usual. Most days I get about 3 to 3.5 hours SoT on about a 24 hour charge.

Today has been a heavy use day and I am at 54% battery with 3 hours SoT already after being off the charger for 8 hours. I have not doubt I may hit 5 hours SoT today and still be around 15 to 20% at 11 or so tonight when I plug it in.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Seems some folks are rationalizing towards the 6P. Get it and be happy. Just like I am with the MXPE. Battery life is good for the hardware it has and me luvs my 200gb micro SD card for $99 from Amazon :)

Have the 64GB model, so no adaptive storage assimilation for me.

dorinnatoo

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site
I've had mine for a little over a week. Once I installed apps n games, my battery started sucking up immediately lol. I get 3 hours maybe b4 I need to recharge. I play on my phone a lot. Texting, games, fb... But even if its just sitting unused, it doesn't last 6 hours. The screen can be very bright. I use mine very low. Love the phone... Hate the battery.

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Had my phone 2 weeks now and not at all unhappy with the battery. It easily lasts me the while day ( 5:00 am to 9:00 pm) with around 25% left. And I am a regular podcast listener and FB, G+ browser.

Only time I have to plug in early evening is when I get into creative mode with my home screen and spend all evening messing with icons, wallpapers, and widget tweaking. Keeping the screen on endlessly will take the battery down. Podcasts, FB, etc. doesn't at all.

Posted via the Android Central App

Fraggle79

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Reddit , Some FB, Web surfing, playing music on drive to and from work.
I keep the screen brightness at 20% or below almost all the time unless i'm out in bright daylight.
I disabled Adaptive Brightness, Attentive Display, and Location.
3 weeks in and GSam stats: Battery life 1d 7.8h (10h 39m Active) Screen on: 5h 16m (5h 47m Max)

I'm happy with the phone, I'm even getting used to the size at this point. I would have loved it more if they squeezed it down a bit to 5.1 or 5.2 inches.
Waiting on Marshmellow before I load my SD and music collection.

Ran_2015

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
Don't drop your Moto X Style! The screen breaks and that's the end.

I accidentally dropped my phone when I was on the street -- I did not throw it into the ground (some people asked me that question). And the screen is broken. Unlike many other phones with broken screen that people can still use, my moto x style does not reply to figer touch any more though the screen is on.

Then I called the Moto service center and sent it to Moto's reparation partner in France as required. Here comes the word "forever":
10th Nov. 9a.m: I sent the phone out
13th Nov. 4p.m.: I checked online and the postoffice system indicated that the phone has been delivered
16th Nov. 4p.m.: I called the toll number (it's not free, and they do not provide online follow-up) of the repair center and it indicated that the phone was not received only the today (16th)-- this date is important because it is used to calculated the response/repair time of the center and Moto takes complaints from customer depending on the date of the delivery.
18th Nov. 4p.m : I called the toll number of the repair center and the system indicated a requirement for my approval for the repair fee is sent. So I checked my email box like, every hour.
23th Nov. 10a.m : I called the toll number of the repair center and got to talk to an actual human help assistant, and she told me that the requirement is sent in an actual LETTER, meaning in paper! Hooray for 2015. And yet, it has been 5 days but I did not receive the letter. So I told her that I could give her my approval for the price now and she asked me to pay on the phone with my credit card info. I paid.
24/25th Nov. : I called the toll number of the repair center and the system indicated that the phone is under repair.
30th Nov. 10a.m. : I called the toll number of the repair center and the system indicated that the phone is under repair.

Well, I bought this moto because my old phone did not work anymore. So I have been without a phone for 3 weeks, and I am looking forwards to a couple more (if I got luck).

During the same month, my friend got an issue with her iphone and she just went to an apple store and got it back fixed and working after a coffee in starbucks. I know I know that's why iPhone is expensive, you don't need to remind me of that. The thing is that I expected some "cheap" post-sale service from Moto, but not this "CHEAP". Seriously? 4 weeks?

So, don't ever drop you moto.
Let me know if you have any question about the repair process.

MDBulldog

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
Power users and MXPE battery life

I would consider myself a power user (I literally stay on my phone all day) For those on this forum who would consider themselves power user. How are you finding the battery life of the mxpe? I know there are other threads that discuss battery issues with the the mxpe, but I wanted to target the power user with my question.
Also, to those power users who find the battery life on the mxpe lacking but decided to stay with it, what tips, tweaks, etc do you use to mitigate poor battery performance?
Thank you.

BME_

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: Power users and MXPE battery life

The battery is okay, but will drain quickly with heavy use. I plan on rooting it and installing greenify which should help a bit. The turbo charger comes in handy a lot. Yesterday my phone was on 30%, put it on the charger for a half hour and it was up to about 75%.

I also usually carry around a portable battery pack just in case, which helps a lot.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: Don't drop your Moto X Style! The screen breaks and that's the end.

Sorry that you went through so much trouble. Since the price of the phone is already a pretty good deal, I went ahead and bought the Accident Protection. I imagine the experience will be much better using that.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

No case and a big display can be Crack City for any device. Gravity has no mercy. Heck, unless using a Nerf style case, even with a case can be an issue when dropped.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

Sorry that you went through so much trouble. Since the price of the phone is already a pretty good deal, I went ahead and bought the Accident Protection. I imagine the experience will be much better using that.

Same. I bought the year (15 months) protection for $49. Deal #

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

My screen went boom also; decided to replace it with another Nexus.

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Re: Power users and MXPE battery life

I am either on my phone throughout the day or listening to music/podcast through the phone with bluetooth earbuds. I usually get 8-10 hours of use before charging it up and usually go to bed with about 30-40% remaining. The best battery life I've ever had on a phone was my Iphone 6+. I could get 10-12 hours out of it before charging but it did take quite a bit longer to charge then the pure. If you play some games a lot however it will not take long before the battery is down and out. I don't play games a lot but I did by the lara croft game a couple of days ago and it really eats the battery up.

jlgonder

May 10, 2016
Visit site
What are you guys battery life after having the phone for a couple days . Is battery a deal breaker for you. Does the battery get the job done. Would you say it has been improving and is the battery life.

Ive had my pure x for about 1 week and have yet to make it through a day without looking for a charger. Ive been really disappointed with battery life coming from my note 4. I did update to 6.0 the day got it and checked apps to see whats not optimized. I manually sync emails, turned bluetooth off, on wifi most of the day. Cell reception is bad at my job which is likely a culprit. Had a droid maxx a few years back and loved that phone, had high hopes for thia one. So far i give battery a 2/10

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Big drop in battery life over time. I've had it as long as it's been out. Over time with similar use I've gone from averaging 11-12 hours of use with five hours of screen on time to about 10 hours of use with four hours or less screen on time. I think the rapid charging has really hurt the battery. I don't rapid charge over night and now try to use it sparingly. Not sure if Marshmallow also hurt battery life.