03-12-2016 05:00 PM
72 123
tools
    I just opened up my Moto X Pure and when comparing it to my iPhone6+ I noticed the whites are really Yellow. I tried adjusting settings but no luck. Here is a side by side comparisson.
    I was really hoping to ditch the iPhone but with screen quality like this I might not. Any suggestions???
    My Moto X Pure Edition screen has a yellow tint to it-img_0362.jpg
    kj11, krazyatom and bpe4 like this.
    09-14-2015 05:59 PM
    I just opened up my Moto X Pure and when comparing it to my iPhone6+ I noticed the whites are really Yellow. I tried adjusting settings but no luck. Here is a side by side comparisson.
    I was really hoping to ditch the iPhone but with screen quality like this I might not. Any suggestions???
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0362.jpg 
Views:	406 
Size:	491.3 KB 
ID:	196782
    Yeah it's a really warm screen. I'm not sure there is anything that can really be done. It may have been the screen that they have chosen. If you can't get past that then I suggest returning it. This appears to be a corner that was apparently cut.

Posted via the Android Central App
    tikemorres likes this.
    09-14-2015 06:16 PM
    That's odd because mine has whites that look very good. Just holding it up to the monitor, yours looks orange and mine looks comparable to your iPhone. Maybe it's a defective screen?
    tikemorres likes this.
    09-14-2015 06:28 PM
    This again.. This has happened to multiple phones with qhd.. It's not a defect.. It's how the phones display was calibrated in batches, some phones come out warm some come out cool. I had an lg g3 that had a warm display. Just do Google searches about warm temp displays ur not the only one. If you don't like it just return it and try your luck

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    tikemorres and selw0nk like this.
    09-14-2015 06:45 PM
    I bought it from Amazon so they are sending me a replacement. Hopefully it is better than this one! Thanks for everyone's replies!
    dmark44 likes this.
    09-14-2015 08:02 PM
    I really hope this warm screen isn't the norm as that isn't white enough for me, can any others owners post some comparison pictures please as this won't be the phone for me if the whites are like that!
    tikemorres likes this.
    09-14-2015 08:04 PM
    Mine is definitely off white but doesn't look quite that exaggerated next to my 6 plus

tikemorres likes this.
    09-14-2015 08:25 PM
    Mine is definitely off white but doesn't look quite that exaggerated next to my 6 plus

Could you post a comparison picture please
    tikemorres likes this.
    09-14-2015 08:40 PM

That's awful...
    09-14-2015 09:58 PM
    let's see some screenshots .... that'd be a deal breaker, but I agree it's isolated to batches. that said, screenshots would be nice to compare. thanks in advance!
    09-14-2015 10:02 PM

Have you turned adaptive display off?

MOTO X PURE EDITION!
    09-14-2015 10:43 PM
    Here you go. You can see the moto is slightly less white (more yellow) than an iPhone 6 plus. Not as bad as the OP, though.

Attached Thumbnails My Moto X Pure Edition screen has a yellow tint to it-70.jpg   My Moto X Pure Edition screen has a yellow tint to it-69.jpg  
    09-14-2015 10:54 PM
    Brightness on both phones was max, all adaptive brightness is turned off, and taken with another iPhone.

09-14-2015 10:54 PM
    Unfortunately, mine also has this yellow white I thought I was only person who got bothered by it. My Samsung just blows my moto x pure in screen quality.

09-14-2015 11:05 PM
    Here you go. You can see the moto is slightly less white (more yellow) than an iPhone 6 plus. Not as bad as the OP, though.

Definitely not as bad but still noticeable and disappointing
    09-14-2015 11:56 PM
    Definitely not as bad but still noticeable and disappointing
    Only really noticeable when comparing.

Ry, Anthony_NE, puch96 and 3 others like this.
    09-14-2015 11:59 PM

that's a lot better. it's not like I'd be holding both phones next to each other so it won't even be noticeable.

nice to know some batches have that issue though, definitely something for us that don't have one yet to be cognizant of.

thx for posting!
    dmark44 likes this.
    09-15-2015 12:15 AM
    So now there are batches of white and yellowish screens??

Who the HELL wants a yellow tint screen???

I don't live in USA or europe, and the mail is very slow here, I don't want to fall on a yellow tint screen and make the replacement progress go for months...
    09-15-2015 02:07 AM
    So now there are batches of white and yellowish screens??

Who the HELL wants a yellow tint screen???

I don't live in USA or europe, and the mail is very slow here, I don't want to fall on a yellow tint screen and make the replacement progress go for months...
    Unfortunately defects like this can occur with ANY phone. When things are mass produced there are going to be a few bad ones .. It sucks but it is the truth. That is why most places have return periods, warranties, insurance, etc.
    Eduardo06sp and Laura Knotek like this.
    09-15-2015 02:09 AM
    Hmm maybe I was overreacting. Mine isn't so bad like OP.
    dmark44 likes this.
    09-15-2015 02:11 AM
    Only really noticeable when comparing.

Yours is definitely better but I am still not convinced as I am ready to buy this phone when it is launched in the UK but I am having serious doubts now as currently I have a Sony Xperia Z3 which has a superb bright screen with vivid whites and I just know when I compare the two it will look similar!
    09-15-2015 03:43 AM
    Unfortunately, mine also has this yellow white I thought I was only person who got bothered by it. My Samsung just blows my moto x pure in screen quality.

overly sharpened and bright colors is bad for your eyes and samsung is good at over doing their displays just to hurt you and make i believe thats what a good screen looks like. yes the yellow tint in op is to much of a warm color but warm colors are whats good for your eyes.
    krazyatom likes this.
    09-15-2015 03:52 AM
    Unfortunately defects like this can occur with ANY phone. When things are mass produced there are going to be a few bad ones .. It sucks but it is the truth. That is why most places have return periods, warranties, insurance, etc.
    its not a defect its part of the color calibration, im sure your tv or monitor has warm and cool temps that you can set, some people prefer the warmer temps as its easy to the eyes.
    09-15-2015 03:54 AM
    its not a defect its part of the color calibration, im sure your tv or monitor has warm and cool temps that you can set, some people prefer the warmer temps as its easy to the eyes.
    Oh I agree -- I am just saying everyone shouldn't expect perfect devices 110% of the time. We always hope we aren't part of that group that gets a bad one but when something is mass produced a few bad ones are to be expected.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-15-2015 03:55 AM
    Oh I agree -- I am just saying everyone shouldn't expect perfect devices 110% of the time. We always hope we aren't part of that group that gets a bad one but when something is mass produced a few bad ones are to be expected.
    Well I just emailed Clove UK about it and this is the reply I got (fair enough)

Thanks for your email - I have honestly not heard this so far and I would assume given it is yet to launch that this could have only been very early samples

I would suggest perhaps, you wait until we have physical stock , so we can check before you order.

Clove Sales
    09-15-2015 05:21 AM
72 123