Are you noticing stuttering on your Moto X Pure Edition?

mvasquez009

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Kellen over at droid life said he has seem some stuttering on his Moto X pure. This isn't the first time I've heard it has some stuttering while other say it's buttery smooth. What have you guys that received yours so far?

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I've had issues with hangouts and sms. I have one mms thread with hundreds of messages and pictures which stutters when I scroll through it. Not sure what's causing that but the stock sms app doesn't break a sweat scrolling in the same thread. Betting it's a hangouts issue.

Otherwise it's been flawless as far as performance goes.

anon(39328)

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
So far, pretty good. Only exception being when I use the Tapatalk app. It's pretty janky compared to iOS version, though obviously not an issue with the phone itself.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
All mid or higher Android devices without UI bloat are smooth out of box. You have to give Android time to screw things up :) Come back in a month and then see how things are going. Let Android work it's trend based caching "magic" ;) Of course it is dark arts magic...

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
The only stuttering I get is when I go from the Google Now screen back to the home screen. Everything else is buttery smooth.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I have not noticed any stuttering on my new Moto X. It's encrypted as well.

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Do you think this could be a lollipop issue?
It could be a Lollipop issue, it could be an issue with an application that is running wild, it could be an issue with some random app process running in the background, could be anything really. Short of widespread, system wide stuttering, it can be hard to nail down performance issues. Each phone can be customized so much it could be anything really..

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I personally haven't noticed any stuttering. It seems to be running very smooth and the animations don't get hung up or jerky.

65fastback

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
I've had issues with hangouts and sms. I have one mms thread with hundreds of messages and pictures which stutters when I scroll through it. Not sure what's causing that but the stock sms app doesn't break a sweat scrolling in the same thread. Betting it's a hangouts issue.

Otherwise it's been flawless as far as performance goes.

this is a hangouts issue...mine was fine for a long time until 2 updates ago on my N5...then hangouts became a slow piece of crap.

craZDude

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
this is a hangouts issue...mine was fine for a long time until 2 updates ago on my N5...then hangouts became a slow piece of crap.

I also have slowdowns in hangouts in my Moto X Pure. Otherwise very fast! Besides going over to Google now, that still hiccups. Nothing worth writing home about though 😊

Posted via the Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Still looking for stuttering.

Not finding it.

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I had a couple force closed apps during my first couple hours with the phone. I was also updating and downloading tons of apps at the time. Been smooth with not hiccups since.

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
No problems here so far. Was a little slow during initial set up, but that's to be expected with all the apps installing.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
No stuttering that I can find. Part of me wants to say it's smoother than my nexus 6.