I have a Moto X Pure Edition, you have questions. Lets play!

larrytxeast

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
How is its single strength, or its RF performance, in fringe areas? At home, my Moto E 2015 gives better performance than anything else I've used, and I expect the same of my Moto G 2015 2G RAM/16G storage I've ordered.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
As someone with no shipping info and still seeing being built on my this made my morning. Thanks
I called Moto today, since mine was originally supposed to arrive yesterday. Apparently the royal blue back is popular and they're waiting for parts. That's why mine is still being built. The rep told me I'll get it either on 9/21 or 9/23.

I'll post a user review once I get my device.

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Does your wife know you posted this? My wife would kill me in my sleep. Only partially joking.

Added: Is that the bumper that came with it? I thought the bumper had covered buttons? I like the bumper you show.

The bumper has cut-outs for the buttons. The good part is that it doesn't add any real bulk to the phone at all, IMO. Speaking of buttons: They are very solid; no rattling as reported on the Play.

We cosplay, so she's not shy. That pic was at a Chicago Comic Con a couple of weeks ago. There's the Ariel version included on the pics thread using the X.

Last edited:

Gunrack

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Wi-Fi works even without a SIM installed. That allows you to set the phone up prior to having cell service.

Posted via the Android Central App

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Wi-Fi works even without a SIM installed. That allows you to set the phone up prior to having cell service.

That's how I set up my 2013 Moto X. My previous device took a micro SIM. I set up the 2013 Moto X using WiFi and then picked up a nano SIM from my carrier. Now I'll just need to swap the SIM without a trip to the carrier store.

greatgoogly

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
How is the headset volume (no earbuds, just holding the phone up to your ear)? On my Nexus 5 it's horrendously low. Have to use speaker phone if there is any background noise going on while on a call.

Affiliated

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Could you please comment more about the T Mobile Band 12 issue. This phone is being promoted as fully compatible with all US networks but if it doesn't have VoLTE then it isn't fully compatible with T Mobile's Band 12. Motorola is being very coy about this. It is advertised as having Band 12 but other's, including you say it doesn't have VoLTE which means that in areas where T Mobile only has Band 12 LTE and no 2G and 3G, the phone can't make calls. So what is the deal? What is the story about this alleged software update. I can assume it isn't certified to work on T Mobile.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I called Moto today, since mine was originally supposed to arrive yesterday. Apparently the royal blue back is popular and they're waiting for parts. That's why mine is still being built. The rep told me I'll get it either on 9/21 or 9/23.

I'll post a user review once I get my device.

Just got my Royal Blue yesterday. Hope I didn't get the last one.

Gregg H

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I had a NIGHTMARE trying to activate my Pure on Verizon. Four days of contacting tech support at verizon and Motorola. Everybody trying to figure something out and finally saying no, they can't do it. The VZW support team on twitter told me to go into a corporate store and try. Luckily the guy that helped me knew exactly what to do and got it activated. Today I got a call back from Verizon tech support telling me that they will be able to activate my phone...sometime around September 18th...

bkdroid

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
What is the Volt/Amp/Wattage of the included TurboPower 25 charger? Seems that this charger is only available packaged with the Pure so far.

peted20

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Thank you, I have a few questions:
  • Put the phone into airplane mode, enable GPS, and reboot. After reboot, are you able to get a GPS fix while in airplane mode? (I've had a number of phones that can't get a GPS lock without assistance from a cell network :/)
  • Does it support any of the new Camera API 2.0 functionality?
  • Does the Play store let you install Google Camera? If so, are both the Panorama and Photo Sphere options available (and do they work well?).
  • Does it support Bluetooth Classic devices? (pre-Bluetooth 4.x/Low Energy (not listed in official specs))
  • Does it have a gyroscope? (not listed in official specs)
  • Does it have a barometer? (not listed in official specs)
  • Can the bootloader be unlocked?
  • How do the speakers compare in loudness and quality with something like the HTC One M8/9?

DC Wuff

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
Quote Originally Posted by vn33
How does the included bumper case feel ? Does it offer sufficient protection and grip for a phone with smooth, wood back ? would you care to post a few pictures with this case ?

Thank you!
I'm not a fan. It feels cheap and isn't snug to the phone. Took it off almost immediately.

I have to respectfully disagree with Russell on this one. I like the bumper and will use it when I need the extra grip (via the "lip" it provides) and protection. Sure, it's cheap -- heck, it's free -- but I think it feels high enough quality. And, while it is easy to put on and take off, it feels plenty snug and secure to me.

DC Wuff

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
has anyone gotten the Walnut back?
if so, how does it feel in the hand...does it have a little texture/grip to it or is it super slick? thanks

I have the Walnut back. It feels identical to the 2014 X's Walnut back. While it is a smooth surface with no real texture, it has sufficient "tack" (in my opinion) for acceptable grip. I would imagine that it could get fairly slick if you tried to handle it with wet hands. The included bumper case is perfect (also in my opinion) for those times when you need an extra lip to grip onto.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Quote Originally Posted by vn33
How does the included bumper case feel ? Does it offer sufficient protection and grip for a phone with smooth, wood back ? would you care to post a few pictures with this case ?

Thank you!

I have to respectfully disagree with Russell on this one. I like the bumper and will use it when I need the extra grip (via the "lip" it provides) and protection. Sure, it's cheap -- heck, it's free -- but I think it feels high enough quality. And, while it is easy to put on and take off, it feels plenty snug and secure to me.

This is obviously subjective by nature but popular opinion (everyone I've seen except DC) says the bumper is cheap and you'll never use it. I know personally anything that cheap looking will never find it's way onto my brand new shiny phone. This is just an observation since Motorola is putting extra care and attention to the build of my phone apparently so it's still in China.

No disrespect meant and hopefully everyone finds something that works for them in the end.

DC Wuff

Nov 26, 2009
Visit site
I'm not a fan. It feels cheap and isn't snug to the phone. Took it off almost immediately.

This is obviously subjective by nature but popular opinion (everyone I've seen except DC) says the bumper is cheap and you'll never use it. I know personally anything that cheap looking will never find it's way onto my brand new shiny phone. This is just an observation since Motorola is putting extra care and attention to the build of my phone apparently so it's still in China.

No disrespect meant and hopefully everyone finds something that works for them in the end.

All good! Differing opinions are awesome, as long as they are communicated in a respectful fashion (as you very much did).

I prefer to keep my phone naked, but the bumper comes in very handy when I need a little something extra. The bumper is clear, unobtrusive, and adds almost no bulk. And it was in the box with my phone. ;-) That makes it a winner in my book.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
All good! Differing opinions are awesome, as long as they are communicated in a respectful fashion (as you very much did).

I prefer to keep my phone naked, but the bumper comes in very handy when I need a little something extra. The bumper is clear, unobtrusive, and adds almost no bulk. And it was in the box with my phone. ;-) That makes it a winner in my book.

I'm right there with you on the naked phones, I think the only case I would consider would be a bumper since I don't mind that form factor as much. Now if only the phone would ship...

myhui

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
My order placed two days ago was cancelled this morning. I did an online chat with them, as that is what I am supposed to do, and they referred me to the "cancelled order department" since they can't figure out the reason for the cancellation. My credit card had a hold for that amount put on, so it certainly was not due to lack of payment. I decided to skip this phone and wait for the 2015 Nexus 6 instead.

J_Jameson

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Could you please comment more about the T Mobile Band 12 issue. This phone is being promoted as fully compatible with all US networks but if it doesn't have VoLTE then it isn't fully compatible with T Mobile's Band 12. Motorola is being very coy about this. It is advertised as having Band 12 but other's, including you say it doesn't have VoLTE which means that in areas where T Mobile only has Band 12 LTE and no 2G and 3G, the phone can't make calls. So what is the deal? What is the story about this alleged software update. I can assume it isn't certified to work on T Mobile.

I am curious as to the same. I have used mine with both my Sprint and Tmobile account and have had excellent service. Motorola's radios continue to be the best available. My problem is that I am not in a spark area for sprint or a reframed area for tmobile so I have been unable to test either and won't until the end of next month.

ttwiitch

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I am curious as to the same. I have used mine with both my Sprint and Tmobile account and have had excellent service. Motorola's radios continue to be the best available. My problem is that I am not in a spark area for sprint or a reframed area for tmobile so I have been unable to test either and won't until the end of next month.
How did you activate on Sprint?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty