Can Network Name be enabled to be displayed in the Top Left corner on my Moto X Pure Edition?

Macville

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
I understand that some people may not like having their network name in the upper left hand corner (ATT, verzion, etc.) But I like it personally because it shows I have voice service. So does anyone know if there is a way to enable that? It shows up there on the native lock screen (not moto assistant) but when you unlock the phone it disappears. Can't find any article or apps that enable that. Any way to do this?

Last edited by a moderator:

trenchkato

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: Enable network name for top left corner?

I understand that some people may not like having their network name in the upper left hand corner (ATT, verzion, etc.) But I like it personally because it shows I have voice service. So does anyone know if there is a way to enable that? It shows up there on the native lock screen (not moto assistant) but when you unlock the phone it disappears. Can't find any article or apps that enable that. Any way to do this?
I don't believe that there is a way to do this. But you can always tell you have service from the signal cluster. If it's a hollowed out triangle then you do not have service. If it is slightly grey ( like the battery icon) then you have service even if there are not any white bars.

joeszef

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site

I also miss this feature from the 2014 Moto X

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

wwjd777

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site

Am I missing something? Mine says T-Mobile in the top left hand corner. I want it to go away.

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site

Am I missing something? Mine says T-Mobile in the top left hand corner. I want it to go away.
All the time or just on the lock screen???????????
The only time Verizon Wireless shows on mine is on the lock screen.

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site

Hmm, I'm on T-Mobile and I don't have that - not that I am looking for it, it's enough for me to see it in the quick settings pulldown.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Hmm, I'm on T-Mobile and I don't have that - not that I am looking for it, it's enough for me to see it in the quick settings pulldown.

It will also show on lock screen. Normally it only shows in the notification panel when you pull it down and on the lock screen before you unlock.

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site

It will also show on lock screen. Normally it only shows in the notification panel when you pull it down and on the lock screen before you unlock.

Yes, you are right, I do see it on the left when my lock screen is on - when I answered before my phone was on the main homescreen - I didn't see it on there.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

The only time the T-Mobile shows up is when it boots and when the screen is locked. I don't see that as being intrusive. Are you ashamed of TMO or something? LOL

Last edited:

wwjd777

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site

Sorry for my late clarification. It's only on the lock screen, disappears after the phone is unlocked :)