Android 6.0 Marshmallow for the Moto X Pure Edition (24.11.18)

MotoXr

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: found the app causing headache in mm

I seen your other thread about sms problems..etc
I would highly suggest a factory reset if this continues or you see faint occurrence because they will only grow worse. All your apps and contacts are backed up via google so you'll only lose your saved log in and data info for apps.

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
if you haven't upgraded to marshmallow yet. do not....

You might want to wait on upgrading to mm.. So damn buggy, and crashing, now my WiFi is glitching out and won't connect or stay connected, the radios are starting to randomly switch between lte and hh.. This is nuts.. Heck.. Took three attempts to even be able to post this.. It kept saying I wasn't logged into the forums.. I'm going to have to root this just to go back to roll it back to a lolipop rom... Grrrrrr

Posted via the Android Central App

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: if you haven't upgraded to marshmallow yet. do not....

I feel your frustration. I was in the same boat last year. After the lollipop update my 2014 Moto X was more or less unusable. This year, however, my experience has been flawless. I wish I could offer a solution.

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site

I feel your frustration. I was in the same boat last year. After the lollipop update my 2014 Moto X was more or less unusable. This year, however, my experience has been flawless. I wish I could offer a solution.

Unusable is definitely the feeling here.. Wonder why yours has no issues?

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

I've had four random reboots since updating. Had none on lollipop.

Posted via my Mate 7 or my Moto X Pure

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site

I've had four random reboots since updating. Had none on lollipop.

Posted via my Mate 7 or my Moto X Pure

Lolipop was very nice, very stable.. I really wish I had waited to update until others worked out the bugs in mm

eth555

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site

That really stinks, both my wife's and mine are on MM and have not had any issues. I wonder why some seen to have issues and some not; could it be an app conflict of some type?

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site

No clue all I know is its bad.. Since the problems with WiFi and radio started a few hours ago my phone is hot to the touch and the battery is draining like there is no tomorrow.. Look at this

Attachments

• 25554.jpg
    25554.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 267

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site

Tap the chart and show us a screen shot of that ... I'm gonna guess poor signal area.

Lte area.. Should be great coverage.. Like I said few hours ago the radios begain going wonky.. WiFi and cell.. Could hold onto WiFi signal. And the radios kept switching from lte to h and completely going out while my iPhone for work right next to it, on the same carrier has a strong signal

Attachments

• 25559.jpg
    25559.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 260

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site

Not the shot I meant, but I'm used to VZW's strong signal everywhere I go around here ... which carrier?

for3nsicguy

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

Hate to hear so many are having problems with the 6.0 upgrade. Mine has been the smoothest Android upgrade I have ever installed. Did the upgrade, performed a factory reset and wiped the cache partition from recovery post-upgrade. My battery life has been around 20% better on Marshmallow.

Moto X 2015 PE + AC App

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site

Hate to hear so many are having problems with the 6.0 upgrade. Mine has been the smoothest Android upgrade I have ever installed. Did the upgrade, performed a factory reset and wiped the cache partition from recovery post-upgrade. My battery life has been around 20% better on Marshmallow.

Moto X 2015 PE + AC App

You should not have to go out boot loader or recovery to us use the ota update..

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I have been using MM for awhile .Im happy with my battery .I hate to hear of others having issues to.Here is the screenshot Tom was asking to see btw .I havent had any issues on MM yet. Is your phone showing awake alot in the graph when your not using it ?
25970890775ff10b8a0e2dc7e970655a.jpg

grover5

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site

I'm loving MM on my Nexus 6. A great upgrade for me. Sorry to hear other folks have had issues.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I'm loving MM on my Nexus 6. A great upgrade for me. Sorry to hear other folks have had issues.

I believe they mean the issue is on the Moto X Pure Edition. The other phones (like your Nexus 6 and my 6P) don't have the issue. Maybe something with the OTA upgrade?

hrbib21

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

Interesting. Been a week and no problems.

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

You should not have to go out boot loader or recovery to us use the ota update..

While I don't disagree with you, isn't a factory reset to clean MM an easier first step than reverting to Lollipop? Three Pures in my family, no problems on any of them with MM. I suspect it may be some app you are using. Starting with a clean install of MM, and gradual reinstallation of your apps, may fix the problem or identify it as something other than MM.

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site

While I don't disagree with you, isn't a factory reset to clean MM an easier first step than reverting to Lollipop? Three Pures in my family, no problems on any of them with MM. I suspect it may be some app you are using. Starting with a clean install of MM, and gradual reinstallation of your apps, may fix the problem or identify it as something other than MM.

Done a clean install, cleared the cash.. The crashes and glitches are random. Today's started when I connected to blue tooth headset. Whole phone froze and started going glitchy to the point had to reset the phone to get it to stop.

Jheebs

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site

Done a clean install, cleared the cash.. The crashes and glitches are random. Today's started when I connected to blue tooth headset. Whole phone froze and started going glitchy to the point had to reset the phone to get it to stop.

I understand your frustration, but you really shouldn't be telling people not too update because "you" are having issues. The majority of MXPE users are loving MM, and, are not having any issues. I've had too many different android phones to count, and this had been the most rock solid phone yet, with MM also.
My guess is:
1) 75% of the time it's an app that's causing your issues, not ready for MM yet.
2) 20% of the time it's a faulty upgrade, that a "factory reset" will almost always fix.
3) 5% of the time it's a hardware issue, like a failing radio or motherboard or memory module, etc...but very rare.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch