Android 6.0 Marshmallow for the Moto X Pure Edition (24.11.18)

Miami1683

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Re: if you haven't upgraded to marshmallow yet. do not....

Mine two have been perfect as well. Upgraded on day 1 and love it. Battery life is insane with doze

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
No issues with mine but I definitely needed the factory reset after updating. I also uninstalled a couple of apps that don't play nice with Marshmallow yet for some folks, like Pushbullet. So far so good. I also had the issue with the AC app where it didn't recognize me even though I was logged in so I uninstalled and then reinstalled that app and now it's working. I will say that this update for me was a bit more problematic than updating my 2014 Moto X to Lollipop but it's likely because of the particular apps I'm using. Regardless, I can certainly understand your frustration. Still, if the phone was bug fee and only started acting up with Marshmallow it does sound like a software issue rather than hardware.

Posted via the Android Central App

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site

I understand your frustration, but you really shouldn't be telling people not too update because "you" are having issues. The majority of MXPE users are loving MM, and, are not having any issues. I've had too many different android phones to count, and this had been the most rock solid phone yet, with MM also.
My guess is:
1) 75% of the time it's an app that's causing your issues, not ready for MM yet.
2) 20% of the time it's a faulty upgrade, that a "factory reset" will almost always fix.
3) 5% of the time it's a hardware issue, like a failing radio or motherboard or memory module, etc...but very rare.

I am not the only one having issues. Many others having trouble also. And if it is app related holding off on upgrading to mm for few weeks might give chance for app developers to get ahead of these problems.. As for my moto.. It was rock solid on lolipop but these update issues are pretty dang frustrating. And yes again I did factory reset and clearing of the cache.

eth555

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site

I am not the only one having issues. Many others having trouble also. And if it is app related holding off on upgrading to mm for few weeks might give chance for app developers to get ahead of these problems.. As for my moto.. It was rock solid on lolipop but these update issues are pretty dang frustrating. And yes again I did factory reset and clearing of the cache.

After the reset did you just restore the backed up apps, or did you skip that and add the apps manually? I would do a reset, then just install the bare minimum of apps I needed and see how it functions. If you did a restore maybe something is corrupt there?

Even if you can try without installing any extra apps to see if phone acts up. Then reinstall apps one at a time to see which one is causing you grief.

Zaku77

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site

It's been a little bit weird and glitchy for me, but there have been no big issues for me so far.

Iran Lievanos

Dec 22, 2015
Visit site

I have to say I disagree completely. I upgraded to marshmallow on my nexus 6 and am loving it. Buttery smooth. Honestly, I left Android for IOS because of all the problems I had with jelly bean and lollipop. I can say I have never had a better experience with Android than now.

n8prkr

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site

Have you tried booting into safe mode? If the phone functions properly in safe mode it is most likely an app causing your issues.
Hold power til banner to "power off" pops up, then tap and hold on banner until the boot to safe mode option appears.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

Things seem to be working fine for me. No reset, but I did clear the cache partition, which I normally do every few months anyway. Doze has helped with battery life. I haven't had any problems with any of my apps.

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site

After the OTA I began to notice some buggy behavior, most notably unresponsive touch and Bluetooth disconnects. Clearing the cache did nothing to resolve the issues. A factory reset helped with all the issues, but still have an occasional drop on Bluetooth.

DJB628

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Lately within the past few weeks, been having issues with my device syncing Gmails, I have checked all settings, nothing has changed, I had no issues before, this is something new, I have also cleared cache in recovery, I have also deleted data in Gmail, seems to be more an issue when the screen is asleep, I have not installed any recent 3rd party apps. If I go to my Gmail and swipe down then the emails come in. Before I do a FR, does anyone have any suggestions.

Loiter

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site

No problems here. No clean install, no format etc. MM has been good, although I don't like some changes (I miss the sleep mode of Moto compared to DND etc) I really like others (individual permissions). Battery life has been more or less the same. Doze kicks in during night and helps a lot. But during day it doesn't sleep a lot so there is not much difference.

Screenshot_20151223-172057.jpg

I wouldn't say to anyone NOT to update.

MotoXr

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site

I'm not sure why you are starting multiple threads over the same issue. You can change the title of your threads if you feel the original "app issue" thread was incorrectly labeled. Rename to m6.0 problems or something alike.
found the app causing headache in mm
marshmallow ac bug found

With that said, some apps can dig themselves deep and leave traces all over that can cause problems. I suggest you run Clean Master for this.
Just because an app comes from the play store doesn't mean it won't be a problem.

I did notice my wifi connection to my work was being overtaken by LTE after upgrading but a few re-connects seemes to solve that issue. I have already since did a clean 6.0 install and re-added all my apps and settings. Not one problem the past 3 days running it so the problem is NOT with Marshmallow.

kcalmol

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site

Anyone having issues with (the official ) Twitter app? I'm not getting notifications. I've granted all permissions.

galuga

Dec 26, 2015
Visit site

I can't agree with you here sir. I've been having quite a smooth experience with it
The only thing that bothers me is that it looks perfectly similar to 5.0 ui design-wise.
If i'm not mistaken, it is the first time in android history, that there aren't any noticeable design changes, between major updates.

JoeJ1228AC

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site

Thinking of getting the Moto X Pure to use on TMobile - did wifi calling work before updating to MM?

kobmays89

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site

I'm gonna have to disagree with pretty much all of you. My fiance and I have both upgraded to MM and both of our phones run flawless. No reboots or glitches. No wifi interruption or signal problems. Battery life is amazing. I'm getting a full days worth of life with some to spare daily. I hate to see others having this issue but I wanted to give me experience. It's not all bad.

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site

Today's new glitch

Attachments

• 27050.jpg
    27050.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 82

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87