03-27-2016 10:50 AM
552 123 ...
tools
    https://plus.google.com/+DavidSchust...ts/KfeLZerX4Ua

We have also started the approval process for 2015 Moto X Pure Edition (3rd Gen) and expect to push it out in the next few weeks.*
    11-12-2015 10:18 AM
    Awesome news! 😃
    dmark44 and Ntchwaidumela like this.
    11-12-2015 10:26 AM
    Cool. Looks like a lot of useful features added.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-12-2015 11:02 AM
    Last night I got a notification on my pc that Moto connect will quit working on chrome this month so I figured the marshmallow release must be imminent.

dmark44 likes this.
    11-12-2015 11:14 AM
    Sounds like they are going right from the Test Drive to deployment; which I'd take as they are pretty confident the software is stable and ready to go. A month and some change after Google pushed it out isn't bad, certainly miles better then any carrier branded phone I ever had.
    hrbib21 and PeltFrelken like this.
    11-12-2015 11:18 AM
    - Volume controls have been greatly improved
    Thank God.
    dmark44 and Coresh like this.
    11-12-2015 11:52 AM
    Awesome

11-12-2015 12:44 PM
    If you have put an AT&T sim in your unlocked Moto X Pure phone or even HAD an AT&T SIM in it, do not be surprised if 6.0 does not get rolled out to you for months. Last year with my Moto X 2014 the update did not hit my phone until I pulled the SIM and FDR'ed. If you have had your phone on AT&T and want the update when its available I think your choices are to wait the additional months till AT&T rolls the OTA, Sideload the update, or if you don't mind a Factory reset (and we don't know if this will work yet, it doesn't work at all with my unlocked non carrier Nexus 6) pull the SIM and do the FDR trick. (here is a link to some of the Nexus 6 fun - http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...y-6-0-ota.html)
    11-12-2015 01:01 PM
    There will undoubtedly be an update zip floating around
    11-12-2015 01:14 PM
    There should no be an issue with any carrier holding back the update. Moto needs zero approval from the carriers (Moto has flat out said this) and there is not an ounce of carrier programming on the phones other then APN settings and Moto was giving out test drive updates that I am assuming the carriers have no way of stopping. In fact once you pull the sim card out the phone it has no clue what network you are on. So in theory even if the carrier could block the updates all you do is pull out the SIM card, connect to WiFi, update and you're good to go. AT&T's own download manager ins't even present on the phone so the phone goes though Moto to check for updates, not though a carrier check. Moto would have to hold back the update from IMEI's that AT&T says is on their network.

No idea why the Nexus 6 is different but AT&T sold their own carrier variant so there very well could have been some sort of agreement with Google or Moto that the unlocked N6's on AT&T could not get it before AT&T's own variant got it or any number of other things. It's not surprising Moto utterly ditched the carriers in every way; the carriers hold too much power and cause nothing but issues and cost extra money for cell phone companies. I'm willing to bet once the switch is flipped 6.0 flows out to everyone regardless of carrier.
    11-12-2015 01:27 PM
    Can't wait for this!
    11-12-2015 02:02 PM
    I'm looking forward to finally being able to back up and restore app data without root... Especially since I have never rooted my phones!
    11-12-2015 02:07 PM
    Per Sandy Speirs' comments, this will include the November 2015 security patch.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+SandySp...ts/i7fwsy8AhJo

Yes it includes up to Bulletin #15 which is the November patch (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...wZn7sixask)
    11-12-2015 02:30 PM
    Is there any chance the Marshmallow update will include support for Camera2 API on the Moto X Pure? (fingers crossed)
    11-12-2015 03:02 PM
    Is there any chance the Marshmallow update will include support for Camera2 API on the Moto X Pure? (fingers crossed)
    There's been no indication of that at all. It would be worthy of a call out in the patch notes if it was there.
    11-12-2015 03:19 PM
    I wouldn't count on it. It's not in the notes that have been released.
    rubenesque likes this.
    11-12-2015 04:06 PM
    Here's to hoping everyone has Marshmallows by XMAS!
    dmark44, jephanie and Kobycoh1 like this.
    11-12-2015 04:15 PM
    Link to the Release Notes:
    https://motorola-mobility-en-in.cust...il/a_id/108821

Posted from my XT1575
    Shimon Mor, Laura Knotek and vn33 like this.
    11-12-2015 04:33 PM
    If you have put an AT&T sim in your unlocked Moto X Pure phone or even HAD an AT&T SIM in it, do not be surprised if 6.0 does not get rolled out to you for months. Last year with my Moto X 2014 the update did not hit my phone until I pulled the SIM and FDR'ed. If you have had your phone on AT&T and want the update when its available I think your choices are to wait the additional months till AT&T rolls the OTA, Sideload the update, or if you don't mind a Factory reset (and we don't know if this will work yet, it doesn't work at all with my unlocked non carrier Nexus 6) pull the SIM and do the FDR trick. (here is a link to some of the Nexus 6 fun - http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...y-6-0-ota.html)
    The difference is that AT&T sells the Nexus 6. They do not sell the Moto X Pure Edition. I believe all Moto X Pure Edition owners have the same 5.1.1 build.
    11-12-2015 05:02 PM
    There should no be an issue with any carrier holding back the update. Moto needs zero approval from the carriers (Moto has flat out said this) and there is not an ounce of carrier programming on the phones other then APN settings and Moto was giving out test drive updates that I am assuming the carriers have no way of stopping. In fact once you pull the sim card out the phone it has no clue what network you are on. So in theory even if the carrier could block the updates all you do is pull out the SIM card, connect to WiFi, update and you're good to go. AT&T's own download manager ins't even present on the phone so the phone goes though Moto to check for updates, not though a carrier check. Moto would have to hold back the update from IMEI's that AT&T says is on their network.

No idea why the Nexus 6 is different but AT&T sold their own carrier variant so there very well could have been some sort of agreement with Google or Moto that the unlocked N6's on AT&T could not get it before AT&T's own variant got it or any number of other things. It's not surprising Moto utterly ditched the carriers in every way; the carriers hold too much power and cause nothing but issues and cost extra money for cell phone companies. I'm willing to bet once the switch is flipped 6.0 flows out to everyone regardless of carrier.
    FYI: Last year's second gen Moto X Pure Edition still went through carrier labs.
    11-12-2015 05:02 PM
    Link to the Release Notes:
    https://motorola-mobility-en-in.cust...il/a_id/108821

Posted from my XT1575
    Wow, I sure hope Marshmallow lets you choose meetings as events that activate "Do Not Disturb". Meetings and Sleep are two of my favorite functions from Moto Assist.

I'm worried that since the Google Calendar App currently doesn't let you change events from "busy" to "available", that there may not be a way to fine tune what events activate Do Not Disturb.
    11-12-2015 05:05 PM
    Wow, I sure hope Marshmallow lets you choose meetings as events that activate "Do Not Disturb". Meetings and Sleep are two of my favorite functions from Moto Assist.

I'm worried that since the Google Calendar App currently doesn't let you change events from "busy" to "available", that there may not be a way to fine tune what events activate Do Not Disturb.
    You can only set the rule based on your reply to the meeting invite (yes, maybe, not replied)
    11-12-2015 05:46 PM
    Sounds like a problem with your phone. I've NEVER had an issue with receiving an OTA on an unlocked phone on the AT&T network. Including the 2014 Moto X.

11-12-2015 06:43 PM
    Got the update for Moto Migrate today announcing it won't work beyond 5.1 ... snort! Timing is just right for the 2 Pures arriving in our house next week and in advance of Schusters news on 6.0.
    Will use Migrate one...more...time on the OG Xs then they go into our home museum!
    mamawM and dmark44 like this.
    11-12-2015 06:54 PM
    It's a shame because Migrate is actually a very easy-to-use and very handy app.
    Ntchwaidumela and dmark44 like this.
    11-12-2015 08:22 PM
552 123 ...