MXPE outside screen quality

MDBulldog

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
How does the MXPE screen perform while outside/direct sunlight, I tend to watch a lot of videos, write emails, etc outside.

Also, for those who have the experience , how does MXPE screen compares to the LG V10?
Thank you.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

Shimon Mor

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Screen is excellent outside. Bright and readable. Unlike the "not-so" Super-AMOLED screen on my previous Galaxy S4 which was useless outside.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
My Moto X 2013 Amoled had to be on 100% brightness to use at all out in the sun, and I usually had to shield it with my hand. Composing a picture on screen was virtually impossible.

I was taking pictures this morning with a bright sun and not a cloud in the sky. My Pure had ambient display on, and the slider at about 45% and it was no problem seeing what I was taking pictures of.

Usability is excellent outside.

MTeator

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
My Moto X 2013 Amoled had to be on 100% brightness to use at all out in the sun, and I usually had to shield it with my hand. Composing a picture on screen was virtually impossible.

I was taking pictures this morning with a bright sun and not a cloud in the sky. My Pure had ambient display on, and the slider at about 45% and it was no problem seeing what I was taking pictures of.

Usability is excellent outside.

For what it's worth the Moto camera turns the display up to 100% when taking pics. Pretty common.

The Moto is perfectly usable in the sun though.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, didn't know that. I knew that the ambient display was turning up pretty bright.

Photos, aside, no problem seeing other functions too, such as browsing, notifications, Maps, etc.

LongbranchPennywhistle

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
I haven't encountered any scenarios in real world use in using the phone where I had any issue seeing the screen outdoors, in direct sunlight so on. The display is usually brighter and easier to see than most of my friends phones in direct sunlight, and brighter than the s4 I had previously.

deadpenguins

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
For what it's worth the Moto camera turns the display up to 100% when taking pics. Pretty common.

The Moto is perfectly usable in the sun though.

That's not true at all would be a terrible idea if it did do that. Your screen would be blinding every time you tried to take a picture in the dark.

MTeator

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
That's not true at all would be a terrible idea if it did do that. Your screen would be blinding every time you tried to take a picture in the dark.

That's exactly what mine does. Blinding bright.

Only does it with the Moto camera app. Google camera doesn't do it.

MTeator

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site

Did some testing, mine only does it if I have adaptive brightness turned on, I know a lot of people turn that off so maybe that's why you haven't seen it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith