Language & input for the Pure

jamesnote

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys/gals,
So the stock Pure came with the English language keyboard with some additional stock languages such as Chinese, Korean, Japanese and Hindi. I think these came pre-installed. If I want to type another language, is there an option to do that? Do I need to down load that particular language app or font in order to use it? In the Language & input setting, there is no option to select for or download additional language keyboards or fonts. Thank you.

James

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Language & input>Google keyboard>language

You should find many options there.

Posted via the Android Central App

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi James! Once you download the new language you can switch between them clicking on the world icon besides the space bar. If you usually type in different languages I'd recommend you to give SwiftKey a try. For me it's the best multilingual keyboard and you don't need to switch between languages every time.

jamesnote

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi James! Once you download the new language you can switch between them clicking on the world icon besides the space bar. If you usually type in different languages I'd recommend you to give SwiftKey a try. For me it's the best multilingual keyboard and you don't need to switch between languages every time.

Javier,
Thank you very much. Swiftkey definitely a great app. I like it. Thanks again!