Screen randomly turns a different color/zooms in

Seth Dippold

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I had this weird screen problem come up a few times, but it is different every time. I'd say it has happened 3 or 4 times within the last month. I didn't get a picture of it, but I will try to describe it as best I can.

This one is kind of hard to explain so bear with me. One time, the screen zoomed in to a rectangle around the top middle of the screen. While whole screen was zoomed to this rectangle, the screen registered touches where they usually would. For example, the bottom of my screen (where the navigation bar usually is) showed about the 3 middle apps on the middle row of my home screen, but if I pressed on the middle app, the home button would be pressed. Everything worked perfectly fine after I restarted my phone.

As for the other couple times, my whole screen would go a different tint. One time it was black and white, another it was all yellow, another it was green with vertical lines. It reminded me of the "Simulate color space" option in developer options although these options have been turned off for some time.

I was wondering if anyone else saw these issues come up and if I should be worried. Thanks!

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if it's what is causing your trouble, but, My understanding is that there is a display driver issue affecting some units. Some claim it can be fixed with a hard reset, others day no. Supposedly Motorola is aware and working on a fix for the 6.0.1 update.

eth555

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I had this weird screen problem come up a few times, but it is different every time. I'd say it has happened 3 or 4 times within the last month. I didn't get a picture of it, but I will try to describe it as best I can.

This one is kind of hard to explain so bear with me. One time, the screen zoomed in to a rectangle around the top middle of the screen. While whole screen was zoomed to this rectangle, the screen registered touches where they usually would. For example, the bottom of my screen (where the navigation bar usually is) showed about the 3 middle apps on the middle row of my home screen, but if I pressed on the middle app, the home button would be pressed. Everything worked perfectly fine after I restarted my phone.

As for the other couple times, my whole screen would go a different tint. One time it was black and white, another it was all yellow, another it was green with vertical lines. It reminded me of the "Simulate color space" option in developer options although these options have been turned off for some time.

I was wondering if anyone else saw these issues come up and if I should be worried. Thanks!
I have similar issues as you, just randomly and a restart seems to fix problem for a time. Hopefully update will have a permanent fix.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch