Ok this is my problem I have been looking for a new phone for a while now and I love the moto x pure. But when it come to the time to get a new one moto brings put the moto z play. And now I do not know which would be a better phone. What I am looking for is a good phone that is going to last I have had my last phone for about 3+ years. So that is my main concern. As well as being fast. And able to last mist of the day.
    Thanks for all the help
    Auto
    09-06-2016 01:14 PM
    I usually try to get only flagship devices although I tend to go for last year's models to save some dough. It looks like the Play is a very capable phone and will probably do you very well unless gaming or intense multi-tasking is in your future. It seems to handle "normal" day to day stuff well and is REALLY good on battery life - see Mr. Mobile here:

If you don't need the latest chipset the Play might be a great choice - use some of the extra cash to get a mod or two? TBH without the mods the new Motos are kind of just "ok", but if you can pick up a couple it could make the phone that much better/more fun.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-06-2016 01:43 PM
    If battery life matters to you at all, get the Z play.
    benjamminh and libra89 like this.
    09-06-2016 03:32 PM
    the battery is one thing but i am ok with it just lasting a signal day. What i guess i am asking is overall which is a better phone the new moto z play or the older flagship moto x pure. I do like the mods but i think the only one that i would ever think about getting is the battery or the JBLs. i just can not decide with out help. you have to understand i have been using a samsung S4 for the last 1.5 years and a samsung S3 before that so this will be a huge jump no matter what.
    09-06-2016 03:52 PM
    The Pure is a very nice device. My #1 gripe is at 6.2 oz, is the heaviest smartphone I've owned. Also for the weight and size, battery life could be better as proven by the Z series.

Other things you may or may not prefer: The Pure has the great front stereo speakers, comes with more options for internal storage space, and still has higher end specs than the z play. It has an LCD display instead of Amoled, though the Z Amoled are supposed to be a good bit brighter than last year's Turbo 2 and X Play. It lacks a fingerprint sensor vs the Z.

I'm very happy with the performance and style of my Pure. And for the price it debuted at, it was a lot of great smartphone features/specs for the money.

I am intrigued by the Z series though. Particularly the regular Z where I can choose between light weight or stellar battery life with the mod when I need it
    09-07-2016 10:38 AM
    I just crushed my Moto X Pure on Saturday. Funny... on Friday night I dropped it face first 4 feet and it didn't leave a scratch. On Saturday morning it fell from my pocket while I was sitting and the screen was shattered and the screen doesn't respond to touch now.

Anyway... I could pay to Moto get get it replaced, but I think I'm gonna get the Moto Z Play instead just to have it quicker and not have to deal with shipping the phone back.
    09-07-2016 10:44 AM
    If you have some nice plug-in headphones be aware that the Moto Z does not have a headphone jack.
    09-07-2016 01:38 PM
    If you have some nice plug-in headphones be aware that the Moto Z does not have a headphone jack.
    The Moto Z Play comes with a 3.5mm port.
    benjamminh, libra89 and cellomj like this.
    09-07-2016 06:17 PM
    The Moto Z Play comes with a 3.5mm port.
    Ah, got it.
    09-07-2016 07:19 PM
    I would choose the Moto Z Play if I was picking between the two today.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-08-2016 01:13 AM
    I would go with the Z Play for the battery life. I don't know how the cameras compare.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-09-2016 12:48 PM
    If you play demanding games I would avoid the X and read reviews of the Z... My X runs warm, and after 15-20 min of Angry Birds it's not uncommon to hit 112F. I tried with a work phone (Galaxy S7) and after similar play it only made it to 93F..

Having said this, the Samsung UI is awful.
    09-23-2016 07:12 PM
    Hello,

I didn't know this question was already asked...i am faced with this current choice. a ZPlay for $299 or a X PE for $289. After a couple of months, would you all still recommend the ZPlay?

Casual gamer (angry birds for children)
    web surfer
    Netflix
    etc..

thanks
    11-13-2016 09:01 PM
    Nevermind, the Z sale was for Droids only...
    11-13-2016 09:30 PM