X Pure 2017

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Why wasn't this phone ever refreshed for 2017? If it had a FPS I still own mine. Loved everything about it except the lack of the FPS.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
They are bringing the X line back, but as a lower tier device to the Z series - and it doesn't have much in common with the X series that I used to love.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Well, there was no 2016 version either...

But apparently your Google skills need improvement, because it is HIGHLY likely we are getting a Moto X this year... it specs and info were captured in photos and video at a Moto employees meeting earlier this year and leaked everywhere.

5.2" FHD display
4GB RAM
64GB Storage
SD660 SoC
3D Glass (??)
Smartcam (??)
3800mAh battery
"Unlimited perfection" (assuming a premium build)

That was early May, but current rumors put the battery at 3000mAh (a disappointment) and the processor at a SD635 due to manufacturer shortages for the SD660, so basically it is just a premium Moto G5 Plus with a premium build and some gimmicks.

No confirmation on price, but looking at the Moto G5 Plus and the Moto Z, I am guessing somewhere from $400-$500.

Remember, the X is no longer the flagship for Moto, the Z has that spot now... the X is just a premium mid-ranger now.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
That's sad. The X Pure was a great flagship killer with a great form factor and Moto Maker.

Agreed. I've since started using Nexus/Pixel devices because they're the closest option to what I like - but there's a chance the new Nokia devices might be picking up where Moto left off (minus the moto maker part).

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: X Pure 2017 You know...

Well, there was no 2016 version either...

But apparently your Google skills need improvement, because it is HIGHLY likely we are getting a Moto X this year... it specs and info were captured in photos and video at a Moto employees meeting earlier this year and leaked everywhere.

5.2" FHD display
4GB RAM
64GB Storage
SD660 SoC
3D Glass (??)
Smartcam (??)
3800mAh battery
"Unlimited perfection" (assuming a premium build)

That was early May, but current rumors put the battery at 3000mAh (a disappointment) and the processor at a SD635 due to manufacturer shortages for the SD660, so basically it is just a premium Moto G5 Plus with a premium build and some gimmicks.

No confirmation on price, but looking at the Moto G5 Plus and the Moto Z, I am guessing somewhere from $400-$500.

Remember, the X is no longer the flagship for Moto, the Z has that spot now... the X is just a premium mid-ranger now.

Those specs aside from the gains in technology remind me of the 2nd gen X....:cool: Honestly if the 17' X is pried well ill probably jump on it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall