loud vibrate

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
So I'm on my warranty replacement phone after my first custom moto had a bad speaker connection. That phone also had a super loud rattle to the vibrate.. This phone? No where near the noise. Its a normal vibrate. If yours has the rattle I would consider returning doesn't appear it should do that.

Posted via Android Central App

omega_drh

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Moto X a few days ago, and today was my first day bringing it with me to my office...where I noticed for the first time how incredibly loud the vibration is when I get an email, gChat, or other notification, and the phone is sitting on my desk or a table in an otherwise fairly quiet room. I like to know when a notification comes in, but it lessens the benefits of having the phone set to vibrate in the first place when everyone else in a 15-foot radius can hear the vibration.

I came across a few other people on the AC forums also complaining about loud vibrations on the Moto X, but many of them seem more concerned with the vibration during an unlock swipe (about which I don't care). A number of folks over at xda-developers have also observed the vibration of the Moto X being quite strong/loud, and have reported that in-store and multiple copies (pre-made and moto maker) share the same loud vibration characteristics. From what I've seen from these links, your replacement with a quiet vibration appears to be a rare exception to the standard of loud vibration on the Moto X; lucky you!

While this certainly is an annoyance, the rest of the phone is good enough that I'm sure I'll learn to live with it (begrudgingly ;)).

Windrunner21

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
dang it! wish i could get one with the loud vibration (my preference) all the ones i have returned (2) because of issues with the vibrate itself, rattles, keyboard rattles.