Audio Quality

EMSbabydoll

Nov 13, 2023
Visit site
I am on my second Fold 4 and have a recurring issue where the sound degrades. I thought it was my headphones, but today I am on speaker and noticed that just randomly (sometimes only after a few minutes sometimes 10-15 min into the call or later) the sound becomes sharp and "crunchy" I lose the ability to understand the words. It improves when I switch from whatever output device I am using to another and back. (Like if I am on Bluetooth switching to speaker then back to Bluetooth). It is almost like the phone is trying to block ambient noise coming in from the other person's side. I talk to my husband while he is driving to work and when I do the switch that fixes the sound I can tell it worked because I can hear the road noise behind him. That background noise is missing when the sound is bad.
I think that there must be a setting that I can't find. My husband does not have that issue on his phone and I didn't have the issue on the Fold3.
Thanks for any help!!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
In settings>sounds>you have Doby Atmos enabled? If you do is it set auto? You can change that to clearer sound by tapping in my screenshot where I Mark tap

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231113_091734_Sound quality and effects.jpg
    Screenshot_20231113_091734_Sound quality and effects.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20231113_091744_Sound quality and effects.jpg
    Screenshot_20231113_091744_Sound quality and effects.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: Toes Up

AndroidFanboy8

Feb 24, 2018
Visit site
I am on my second Fold 4 and have a recurring issue where the sound degrades. I thought it was my headphones, but today I am on speaker and noticed that just randomly (sometimes only after a few minutes sometimes 10-15 min into the call or later) the sound becomes sharp and "crunchy" I lose the ability to understand the words. It improves when I switch from whatever output device I am using to another and back. (Like if I am on Bluetooth switching to speaker then back to Bluetooth). It is almost like the phone is trying to block ambient noise coming in from the other person's side. I talk to my husband while he is driving to work and when I do the switch that fixes the sound I can tell it worked because I can hear the road noise behind him. That background noise is missing when the sound is bad.
I think that there must be a setting that I can't find. My husband does not have that issue on his phone and I didn't have the issue on the Fold3.
Thanks for any help!!
Were you on Voice over LTE? It may be a network issue!

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter