I think it's a keeper !

Ductman1

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Approaching the 14 day return policy, I think I have finally gotten the LG G2 out of my head, have read many issues with lag even with that monster processor, well the two features that I absolutely love are the active display and the bluetooth trusted device, not a big fan of the touchless controls though, also I am more than happy with the battery life, 14 hours at 50-60% depending on the amount of screen time.

One other quick question though, after about 15-20 minutes of internet surfing at about 40% screen brightness, the X does seem to heat up, my last phone would take a good half hour before any warmth was felt, assuming this is normal ?

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I noticed it does heat up some the temperture it gets to depends on how long you on it of course.I have seen mine get to 115 degs. once with prolonged use.But most of the time mine seems to not go above 106 deg.I noticed it cools off quickly too when use is stopped.I just looked at mine its currently at 89 deg.It seems mine gets warmer quicker when using GPS stuff which I would expect it to.
I use GSam Battery Monitor to keep check on phone temperture which temperture can be viewed in the drop down bar after this app is installed.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I think you'll continue to be happy with the X. I've read a lot of good things about it and with the camera update even that is being addressed. I have read that the phone heats up, but with great responsibility comes great power, and with great power comes heat (I just made that up for the heck of it, if you didn't notice :)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Only get the G2 if you want the better camera and/or you are a spec *****.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
LOL!! :):):) That makes the X look that much more impressive. What is it with the lag on these high-end phones? Can't they get it right?

It's these ridiculous manufacturer skins. I will never use another device that isn't stock android or a Google play edition. Even as good as sense 5 is for the HTC one, it was just better with stock android.

Sent from my White Moto X

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I just ordered my white, unlocked Moto X for T-Mobile. I currently have the G2, and I love it. But the Moto X has been calling out to me for a while now..

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
It's these ridiculous manufacturer skins. I will never use another device that isn't stock android or a Google play edition. Even as good as sense 5 is for the HTC one, it was just better with stock android.

Seriously. Ever since I rooted my Droid X and started installing AOSP ROMs, I've been turned off by the "added value" of OEM software. I do get tempted by other phones because of their features, but at the end of the day, I would rather have as close to pure Android as possible. I can add features as I want via apps or ROMs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez