What Trusted Bluetooth Devices to you all Use?

anon(5384869)

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
This is one of the most (in my opinion) underrated features of the Moto X.

I am hoping to get Googles rumored smart watch to pair with my phone at all times, but how do you all use the trusted devices feature in your daily lives?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk 4

eribac

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I also love this feature. Currently, only my car is a trusted device.

I wish the feature also worked for wifi networks. It would be nice to leave the phone unlocked while connected to my home network.

asylvia

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Will a blue tooth dongle in my work pc work as a trusted device?

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

mitechie

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
My Pebble is the best one. I also have my JBL Charge speaker as well as my Touareg. After putting one of the NFC dots on my nightstand I'm loving it. I almost never notice I have to enter a passcode. :cool:

anon(5384869)

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Can someone explain to me how you can practically use nfc to bypass a lock screen? If I understand correctly, it needs to touch the phone to bypass, whereas with trusted bluetooth devices, it can work when in the device's connection range, but not necessarily touching.

I know that skip clip can go on your pocket so it touches the phone as you pull it out, but thanks to active notifications, just because I pull the phone out of my pocket, it doesn't mean I want to unlock it.

For this reason a bluetooth device on my person would be ideal, but I don't own a smart watch, and am waiting for the rumored Google watch.

Not asking for a solution just voicing my train of thought.

roadkizzle

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Can someone explain to me how you can practically use nfc to bypass a lock screen? If I understand correctly, it needs to touch the phone to bypass, whereas with trusted bluetooth devices, it can work when in the device's connection range, but not necessarily touching.

I know that skip clip can go on your pocket so it touches the phone as you pull it out, but thanks to active notifications, just because I pull the phone out of my pocket, it doesn't mean I want to unlock it.

For this reason a bluetooth device on my person would be ideal, but I don't own a smart watch, and am waiting for the rumored Google watch.

Not asking for a solution just voicing my train of thought.

I have the free Skip tags from ordering my phone via Moto Maker. I have found that I love the Skip much more than I anticipated. I was very skeptical of the use as well because I saw the superiority of the Trusted Bluetooth system, but the Skip has been great whenever I'm not actually connected to my bluetooth zones which are: Home Computer, Work Computer, and my car.

I find that the tag doesn't work as you mention it to unlock it as you pull the phone out in a smooth motion from the pocket, in fact I found I was unable to keep the tag attached to my pants or shirt. The magnets just are not strong enough to keep the tag attached to me. It was constantly falling off when I bump it into things. But, I found that I WAS able to get it to work well by clipping it onto my belt.

The Skip is great for the vast majority of the time that I am not near any of my bluetooth zones because I can put a very strong password on my phone yet still have easy access to it.

I would probably have no use for it if I had a smart watch, but at this moment in my career I cannot afford to waste my money on one when it will provide no substantial benefit to me, other than being able to get my notifications without picking up my phone.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
My Pebble is the best one. I also have my JBL Charge speaker as well as my Touareg. After putting one of the NFC dots on my nightstand I'm loving it. I almost never notice I have to enter a passcode. :cool:

I'm very tempted to buy a Pebble right now.

rajeshr68

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
At home - my landline phone (since it has BT to allow for cell phone connectivity) or my Macbook Pro
In the car - the car headunit that supports BT.
At work - my work laptop
Out and about - my Pebble (this is awesome)!

iharley

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
At home - my landline phone (since it has BT to allow for cell phone connectivity) or my Macbook Pro
In the car - the car headunit that supports BT.
At work - my work laptop
Out and about - my Pebble (this is awesome)!

I had read in another post that people were having problems using a Mac for this. Did you have any problems?

mm356

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I also love this feature. Currently, only my car is a trusted device.

I wish the feature also worked for wifi networks. It would be nice to leave the phone unlocked while connected to my home network.

The "Tasker" and "Secure Settings" app combo will do this for you with no additional battery drain. I just set mine up to do this and absolutely love it. Give it a shot.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Me too! But I want to wait to see what Google comes up with

They have the MOTOACTV project that they can learn lessons from.

Basically, I think I want an "eInk" Google Now display on my wrist. I think.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

miles_prower

May 4, 2011
Visit site
My trusted BT devices are:

? MetaWatch smart watch.
? Think Outside folding keyboard.
? Phone/audio systems in our 2 cars.
? Bose headset.

When I wear my MetaWatch, I switch my Moto X to silent since the MW vibrates.

I'm loving the whole trusted BT devices thing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramhja11