Geek Squad Protection and Moto Maker purchase

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have an issue, when purchasing Moto Maker card at BB, adding GSP?
They had to call AT&T to activate card and add line since it wouldn't do it in thier system. Now they can't find a way to add GSP which is the reason I'm buying from there.

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

NovaSS369

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Haven't had to activate this in my store yet due to lack of AT&T in our market. Verizon just got it so we should see it soon. No idea why they wouldn't be able to add the GSP SKU though. Probably because those custom phones cant always be used for parts?

Posted via Android Central App

Gamer_Radar

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Uhh my store doesn't sell the custom cards.. How'd you get it?

sent from my MOTO X using the android central app | Adv Repair Agent-geek squad

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
In BB now. They said they can't add it because it's a custom phone and they wouldn't be able to replace it with a custom phone.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Due to my recent bad experience with a Moto Maker card at Best Buy I say forget them. Buy the Motorola plan. Its cheaper ($85 vs. $240) and only has a $35 deductable. Even if you use all three allowed incedents, you're only at $190 vs the $240 you'd pay Best Buy over two years. At least your store knew they couldn't activate it and had you call AT&T. My store just didn't activate it and caused me 5 days of headaches.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
However it rang up for $99 so with my $5 reward certificate I got the 32gb for $100. The one I purchased in AT&T is going back. I saved $60

goombah

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Haven't had to activate this in my store yet due to lack of AT&T in our market. Verizon just got it so we should see it soon. No idea why they wouldn't be able to add the GSP SKU though. Probably because those custom phones cant always be used for parts?

I had an issue on Saturday with BB and trying to purchase two Motomaker cards (AT&T). Sales associate spent about 45 minutes trying to figure out why there was no charge in the system with my upgrade. Finally after a long hold on the phone he was told it was a known issue and that if I used the card on Motomaker it wouldn't go through. Saved me the hassle of having problems later but damn that wait was long.

Maybe for the better, though. Really wanted a 32gb, and now that may be a possibility, from what I read here?

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I had an issue on Saturday with BB and trying to purchase two Motomaker cards (AT&T). Sales associate spent about 45 minutes trying to figure out why there was no charge in the system with my upgrade. Finally after a long hold on the phone he was told it was a known issue and that if I used the card on Motomaker it wouldn't go through. Saved me the hassle of having problems later but damn that wait was long.

Maybe for the better, though. Really wanted a 32gb, and now that may be a possibility, from what I read here?

The Best Buy I went to had 32 GB cards. Also, they have the issue sorted out. My finished Moto X has been sitting in their factory for 5 days (9days since I ordered) waiting for the Best Buy issue to be resolved. I got a call today that they got it resolved and they are activating and shipping the backlog of phones today and tomorrow.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
The Best Buy I went to had 32 GB cards. Also, they have the issue sorted out. My finished Moto X has been sitting in their factory for 5 days (9days since I ordered) waiting for the Best Buy issue to be resolved. I got a call today that they got it resolved and they are activating and shipping the backlog of phones today and tomorrow.

And I ended up with my Best Buy Moto X in activation hell too. They told me this today when I was called for something else.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
And I ended up with my Best Buy Moto X in activation hell too. They told me this today when I was called for something else.

In the end, they canceled mine and I had to repurchase it. I just reordered it yesterday. I went directly through Motorola this time even though it cost me an extra $70 ($50 cheaper at Best Buy and I had $20 in reward zone). I got a free $60 accessory of my choice for free though (I went with the JAX earbuds to match my phone).

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
In the end, they canceled mine and I had to repurchase it. I just reordered it yesterday. I went directly through Motorola this time even though it cost me an extra $70 ($50 cheaper at Best Buy and I had $20 in reward zone). I got a free $60 accessory of my choice for free though (I went with the JAX earbuds to match my phone).

I'll see what they do. I'll give them a chance to fix it quickly.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'll see what they do. I'll give them a chance to fix it quickly.

Oh, it wasn't my choice to cancel it. In the end, Motorola told me that Best Buy had messed selling me the card so badly that the only was to fix it was to cancel my order, Best Buy give me a refund, and re-order the phone.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Oh, it wasn't my choice to cancel it. In the end, Motorola told me that Best Buy had messed selling me the card so badly that the only was to fix it was to cancel my order, Best Buy give me a refund, and re-order the phone.

Wow

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site

And they canceled mine as well. I have to wait for them to call me in the morning. I'll also be talking to best buy. I'm quite pissed.

opuntia2

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm interested in getting the phone (Verizon, 32GB) from BB because I have a $50 gift card. Do you know if BB participates in the Motorola Trade-up Program? I have a Motorola Admiral I would like to trade.

Thanks!

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm interested in getting the phone (Verizon, 32GB) from BB because I have a $50 gift card. Do you know if BB participates in the Motorola Trade-up Program? I have a Motorola Admiral I would like to trade.

Thanks!

I'm not sure. You'd have to ask them or Motorola

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
And they canceled mine as well. I have to wait for them to call me in the morning. I'll also be talking to best buy. I'm quite pissed.

Yeah, apparently Best Buy isn't taking all the information they should when they are selling the cards so Motorola can't activate them. I reordered straight through Moto Maker even though it cost me an extra $70. Supposed to be delivered tomorrow.

ShoelerDroid

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I got the DE and the Moto protection plan just because I don't do cases. It's not a bad deal, especially since it extends the warranty another year in addition to the accident protection.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95