Carlos Thwaites

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Im about to go on moto maker uk as the 16gb is only 229. Ive been watching reveiws but i want to ask what is the phone really like now? Mean is the screen high quality, the battery is ment to be not good but whats it like on modarate use? And is the camrea that bad? And how has lollipop 5.0 and 5.1 treated the phone.. thanks in advanced

Posted via the Android Central App

nickname303

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Im about to go on moto maker uk as the 16gb is only 229. Ive been watching reveiws but i want to ask what is the phone really like now? Mean is the screen high quality, the battery is ment to be not good but whats it like on modarate use? And is the camrea that bad? And how has lollipop 5.0 and 5.1 treated the phone.. thanks in advanced

Hi, in my experience the screen quality is good, the battery life is fine for moderate use, and I personally have not had any issues with lollipop, although lots of people have. The camera, however, is pretty rubbish alot of the time

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

I agree for the most part with nickname303... except for the camera. I don't think it's that bad... oh it could be better, but it's gotten a few software updates and it is better. As far as 5.1... that is a joke... everybody right now is pretty much stuck on 5.0 or 5.0.2.

Carlos Thwaites

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys thanks for the replys.. so bacicly for £229 unlocked gsm from moto maker its a solid phone for the price? Another question aswell, have any of u sufferd from screen burn in? Just that i love the punch of oled but im always abit weiry of gettin burn in?

nickname303

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys thanks for the replys.. so bacicly for £229 unlocked gsm from moto maker its a solid phone for the price? Another question aswell, have any of u sufferd from screen burn in? Just that i love the punch of oled but im always abit weiry of gettin burn in?

Yeah, for £229 its a great phone. I haven't noticed any burn in personally, I've had mine for about 8 months

Carlos Thwaites

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Thankyou for the feedback i think its going to be the moto x 2014 then as at the price it seems a great buy amd the sale is only on till 30th of june.

Cheers guys ill report back once ive got it.. out of curiosity what colour front/back and accents did u get

nickname303

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Thankyou for the feedback i think its going to be the moto x 2014 then as at the price it seems a great buy amd the sale is only on till 30th of june.

Cheers guys ill report back once ive got it.. out of curiosity what colour front/back and accents did u get

I got the white front with blue accents and bamboo back. The bamboo back has been slightly peeling away on one corner since day one. It was a potential issue I was aware of before buying the phone but I still went with it and took the chance as I really liked the fact that it was unique. So if you're thinking about the bamboo back just bear the peeling issue in mind

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I have been debating this with myself in the UK also. I have a 20 month Note 3 loaned I can buy back for £190 by tomorrow or buy these. I am using my backup Moto G 2013.
The wood or leather is 20 extra but I would go with a nice dark/blue/grey/brownish.
I would have to go for the 32gb me thinks, even though 269 ruins the appeal for me. 229 @ 32 gig would have been the icing.

Have to laud them for reducing their price officially for a still current premium phone.

8 day shipping time in the UK is also off putting, but special orders I guess.

I am a little worried if I leave it too late there will be less choice.

Then it's 420 for a Note 4 on Amazon.

(The UK unlocked is the Pure Edition BTW, if you continue to checkout)

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Had the 16gb version.. Ran low 2 months after owning it. Bought the 32gb version without a problem, for almost 5 months now.

I'm going with Milky Way via
the Android Central App

Last edited:

nickname303

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, 32 gig is the way to go. Even with 32 gig you only actually have 24 gig left to use with lollipop installed

hawkeye16qb

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Went from the OG Moto X to the Galaxy S6.

Hated touchwiz, hated the lag.

Bought a second hand 2014 Moto X to tide me over till the 3rd gen.

This thing flies compares to my s6. Battery about the same. Software wayyyy better. Speaker better. Camera MUCH worse.

CTalman

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi Carlos,
Have you ordered your phone yet?

I'm thinking of doing the same with the 32gb version. It's a good price and very tempting.

I currently own an LG g3 which I do like and have only had about 8 months but I'm keen to try something different.

Although I fear the drop in camera quality between the two phones may come as a bit of a shock....!

Im going to do some more research and make a decision before the price goes back up on the 30th June.

methodtoll

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
I was thinking about going with the Turbo (Moto Maxx in UK) or this but with the 2015 edition around the corner, I may wait to see what phone is all about

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi Carlos,
Have you ordered your phone yet?

I'm thinking of doing the same with the 32gb version. It's a good price and very tempting.

I currently own an LG g3 which I do like and have only had about 8 months but I'm keen to try something different.

Although I fear the drop in camera quality between the two phones may come as a bit of a shock....!

Im going to do some more research and make a decision before the price goes back up on the 30th June.

I would beware that the press release and Android Central blog said: or while stocks last, if I remember. You probably are aware of this.
I may leave it too late as well. I may check if my preference can go in the basket most evenings.

I thought of putting "Moto X 32gb - Jun 15" on the back of mine, or close to that, I also can't remember.

Would it help resale value? Probably not.