6.0 Marshmallow: T-Mobile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone with a TMO SIM gotten the OTA for Marshmallow? We haven't received 6.0 and other carriers are rolling out 6.0.1. LIVE UP TO YOUR HYPE T-MOBILE!

Opps! That headline should be: What up TMO?

Last edited by a moderator:

hrbib21

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: What us TMO?

Nope. Nothing. I keep removing the SIM to try to force it but nothing. This is ridiculous.

Posted via the Android Central App

hrbib21

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

I just got the update via the force flash method. Turn phone off, remove SIM card, start up phone, go to update. Now I'm constantly getting "Unfortunately, Google Play Services has stopped". I updated to what I THINK is the right version but still doing it. This is frustrating.

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site

Most likely it is because T-Mobile has yet to certify the Pure for band 12 and the 6.0 updates turns that on so until T-Mobile gives the thumbs up for Band 12, Moto has to hold the update for anyone with a T-Mobile sim.

It doesn't stop anyone from pulling the sim card or someone from another carrier with 6.0 jumping to T-Mobile but that is just the nature of unlocked phones and T-Mobile can't do much about that.

Jaysus

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

I just got the update via the force flash method. Turn phone off, remove SIM card, start up phone, go to update. Now I'm constantly getting "Unfortunately, Google Play Services has stopped". I updated to what I THINK is the right version but still doing it. This is frustrating.

Boo, that stinks. I have read that a factory data reset has helped some folks in your situation though. Before doing that it may be worth erasing cache in recovery? I hope you get it fixed, I forced the update by pulling the SIM with no issues.

anon(71309)

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site

This is a known thing. After you update to MM you MUST go into the Play Store and update Google Play Services. It should have an update button after you install the MM update. If it does not, you can sideload the APK by downloading the correct version from APK Mirror. You'll want the latest package that ends in 440.

hrbib21

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I tried everything, let it go all day, then had to factory reset. Works like a champ now.

BTW, looks like it automatically installed GPS version 448.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

After downloading 6.0, I got a message to update Google Play Services. But waited a few more minutes and was notified that the update (version 8.4.89) was available. So all is well.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

This is a known thing. After you update to MM you MUST go into the Play Store and update Google Play Services. It should have an update button after you install the MM update. If it does not, you can sideload the APK by downloading the correct version from APK Mirror. You'll want the latest package that ends in 440.

I'd wait for the update to hit rather than sideload Google Play Services.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

hrbib21

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

True. I tried sideloading rather than wait and it didn't work. That's OK because I was considering an FDR anyway. Worked out fine, phone is running fantastic. Doze is LEGIT; battery life is much better.

Last edited:

Repr1sal

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site

According to Signal Check Pro my X is occasionaly switching to Tmob band 12. Most of the time on 4.

Android Central app on Moto X Pure

anon(71309)

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site

I'm usually right there with you, but that's the kicker. For some people the update is showing up in the Play Store, and for some people it isn't. It happened to me, even after several restarts. Blame the trollout if you will, but since they are the same package I would have no issues sideloading the apk from that site if it meant being able to use my phone.

jojesa

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

I removed the SIM, rebooted and as soon as it was connected to wifi I got the MM 6.0 update.
Android-M_6.png

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

All those who choose to pull the SIM card, remember one thing: the SIM and SD cards are mounted to the removable holder. So, before you turn your phone off, unmount your SD card. Otherwise, you could corrupt it and lose all your goodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.