Should I wait until the next Moto X's Gen, will be including Fingerprint sensor?

A

AC Question

Do I rather wait until the next Moto X's Gen, will be including Fingerprint sensor?

I want to buy the Moto X Pure Edition, I currently have the Galaxy S6 Edge+ and the Touchwhiz it's not of my type, I want to try pure Android, but I heard that the next gen of Moto X's there's going to have fingerprint sensor.
PS. Nexus 5x it's not of my type and 6P looks like an iPhone 5s (I don't like Huawei)

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Do I rather wait until the next Moto X's Gen, will be including Fingerprint sensor?

I want to buy the Moto X Pure Edition, I currently have the Galaxy S6 Edge+ and the Touchwhiz it's not of my type, I want to try pure Android, but I heard that the next gen of Moto X's there's going to have fingerprint sensor.
PS. Nexus 5x it's not of my type and 6P looks like an iPhone 5s (I don't like Huawei)

Welcome to Android Central!

There has not been anything really confirmed for the next Moto as of yet. All just rumors right now.

Dom12

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
On one side, you (probably) will get a fingerprint sensor and some other new shiny bits if you wait for the next Moto X, on the other end, you will probably have a more heavily Lenovo influenced device. Lenovo is at least adding more prominent branding to the Motorola phones, and there may be some hardware & software influences too. Many people are concerned that more Lenovo influence is not a good thing, so that may be something to consider.

For me, if I had a GS6E+, I'd probably hold off to see what's coming next (from Moto & the rest of the players). If the Touchwiz interface is your primary gripe with the Samsung, you might try one of the other launchers out there. If you want something closer to pure Android, you can grab the Google Now Launcher from the play store. Personally, I use Nova, which is very stable and has a lot more customization options if you're into tweaking things to your liking.

Jaysus

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
For me, if I had a GS6E+, I'd probably hold off to see what's coming next (from Moto & the rest of the players). If the Touchwiz interface is your primary gripe with the Samsung, you might try one of the other launchers out there. If you want something closer to pure Android, you can grab the Google Now Launcher from the play store. Personally, I use Nova, which is very stable and has a lot more customization options if you're into tweaking things to your liking.

I agree with Dom12

David Rosen

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Do I rather wait until the next Moto X's Gen, will be including Fingerprint sensor?

Ugh. I really hope I don't have to go back to Samsung for my next phone if Lenovo screws with the next Moto X

thymeless

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
If you have an S6, I have a hard time seeing dumping that for the Moto X, as good as the MXPE is. Root your phone and you'll have your choice of ROMS from vanilla to exotic to even plainer stripped down smooth as silk versions. Save your money for a big upgrade and get what you want in Android for free right now.