Screen Protectors for the Moto Z Force

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I've tried PET screenguards by DeltaShield, FlexShield, and IQShield -- none of them fit my Z Force. Waaay off. Right now I have the Verizon branded $25 flexible glass on there, but there are still some bubbles along the top edge that won't go away.

To their credit, DeltaShield and FlexShield seem to have realized that their design is way off and both emailed me, independently, yesterday to let me know that they've fixed the design and are sending me a replacement at no charge. Not that I want to take the perfectly functioning Verizon one off the phone now, but I'll at least verify the geometry and post results.

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I have the Verizon screen protector as well. It looks real good. The rep was trying hard to sell me the Zagg one lol

Posted via the Android Central App

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
What do you guys think about Skinomi screen protectors?

For me, if it's not tempered/flexible glass, I have no interest. My phones always went without screen protectors until they started coming out with the glass ones. The other kinds feel too rubbery to me.

Photo_Drew

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
It's only $35 for the kit to replace the top shattershield layer from moto. It's probably much like putting a screen protector on, so worst comes to worse I'll just order that when I need to. Didn't like the look of the zagg on the phone.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I just picked up the old anti-scratch scratch screen protectors 3 pack was 1299 at VZW before my 25% employee discount they went on nice with no issues and no major air bubbles

Those are what I wanted! But when I asked for screen protectors all they brought me were the vzw and zagg glass ones.

I went with the vzw glass. Looks great for the most part, one edge by the flash lifts everyday for a couple hours, but sticks again by eod

legobob76

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Just put on an Illmumishield glass protector. I don't like the fit at all. I had a Pleson which I couldn't get to stick near the speaker but at least the fit was good, this one sucks.

Kashton

Banned
Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
How many still threw a Zagg Tempered Glass Screen Protector on their Force..

Although the Z Force really doesn't need a Tempered Glass Protector, I still decided to install one on mine. I feel like any phone I have doesn't feel complete without one. I also have used this Blue Case Mod a good bit also. I'm looking to pick up a Red style mod too. Orange would be a cool color to throw on too.

Attachments

• 455.jpg
    455.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 81

Kashton

Banned
Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
Re: How many still threw a Zagg Tempered Glass Screen Protector on their Force..

Here's the Blue Incipio Case Back Mod. Red will ultimately be color of choice. I may order that Red Nylon mod case back from Motorola. I'd rather find a Rubber Soft TPU style so I may wait. This phone has been a pretty cool toy to mess around with. As deeply rooted to Apple as I have always been, I have enjoyed this one much more than any of my Apple phones I've had. I just sold my 6s 128g yesterday and plan to Moto make an X Pure on the Moto site. I believe I've officially converted over. Moto has it going on.

Attachments

• 454.jpg
    454.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 173

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: How many still threw a Zagg Tempered Glass Screen Protector on their Force..

I put one on when I bought the phone. Price was way reduced so it was to good to pass up.
For me it's just force of habit. I like more protection than less. I don't notice any issues with it at all.
And the blue looks sharp. I like that.

Kashton

Banned
Jan 10, 2016
Visit site

I put one on when I bought the phone. Price was way reduced so it was to good to pass up.
For me it's just force of habit. I like more protection than less. I don't notice any issues with it at all.
And the blue looks sharp. I like that.

Thanks man! It's a cool shade of Blue. Anything that pops and is different, is cool. Yeah I've always used Zagg for the most part. I actually install all of my protectors. Drives me insane if it's off center or if I can see anything under it. Verizon and Best Buy always tries to offer to install them. No way I'd let them lol. I also tell them I'm in huge hurry and to just leave my boxes sealed too lol. I actually like to unbox and set all my phones up myself. I'm a fanatic about that and I always keep my boxes and components inside sealed and never open lol. It's always helped me to easily sell later with basically a brand new phone with the box and matching serial number. I used to collect high end watches and did the same thing. In the high end watch world, no box and papers basically made the watch loose almost all of its value so I guess I carried that same insane concept over to my phones lol. I've got every box for all of my phones. I've recently sold off most of them. Later today I'm going to build and order a Moto X Pure that will replace my iPhone 6s 128g I just sold. I'll probably break down and order the 46mm Moto 360 Watch Silver with Silver Bracelet while I'm at it. I've been trying to talk myself out of it for months now so I finally caved. It's a sweet looking watch to be a Smart Watch. After that order, that'll be it for a while. It's expensive and too addictive lol

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site

I just opted for the VZ "flexible glass" one. I've never liked tempered glass, and with this phone you don't need it. You just need some scratch protection (for which tempered glass is overkill). Just my $0.02, though. I'm sure others love tempered glass -- I just don't.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Here's the Blue Incipio Case Back Mod. Red will ultimately be color of choice. I may order that Red Nylon mod case back from Motorola. I'd rather find a Rubber Soft TPU style so I may wait. This phone has been a pretty cool toy to mess around with. As deeply rooted to Apple as I have always been, I have enjoyed this one much more than any of my Apple phones I've had. I just sold my 6s 128g yesterday and plan to Moto make an X Pure on the Moto site. I believe I've officially converted over. Moto has it going on.

The back looks great. Is it not a soft rubber or matte material?

Last edited:

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

I'm eying the red nylon as well if I read it has a good feel to it.