Can I rollback Nougat if I need to?

maclancer

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
The only way to rollback is re-imaging the phone with the marshmallow image and you will need a computer to download and install it.

ralvy

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Why wouldn't you like it is the question? It's exactly like marshmallow with a couple of new tweaks

Well, some of the apps that are critical to my business have not been verified to run properly under Nougat. I didn't want to find out the hard way that they won't handle Nougat.

heath patrick

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Why wouldn't you like it is the question? It's exactly like marshmallow with a couple of new tweaks

I updated mine (like an I d i o t) and now want to go back to MM. My reason is MM made a feature(I can't speak about due to site rules) quit working.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
The only way to rollback is re-imaging the phone with the marshmallow image and you will need a computer to download and install it.

Unless there is something different about the Z Force, Moto Droid phones never allow a version downgrade. The bootloader will not allow you to flash a lower version of itself.

maclancer

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Unless there is something different about the Z Force, Moto Droid phones never allow a version downgrade. The bootloader will not allow you to flash a lower version of itself.

Maybe the bootloader is locked and does not allow to install an image from the computer.

ralvy

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I assume that, if I don't install the Nougat update, I'll still be able to install future security updates and Moto fixes. Correct?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I assume that, if I don't install the Nougat update, I'll still be able to install future security updates and Moto fixes. Correct?

As far as I know, future security patches will be on the current track as in there won't be security updates for phones still on Marshmallow.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
My bootloader is unlocked. Just went to see if I can and it allows you to unlock it

With Moto phones, that still doesn't matter. (I am shocked that the bootloader is unlock able BTW. Are you sure that this is a Moto Z Force Droid Edition from Verizon? Or do you possibly have an unlocked Moto Z or Z Play (not Force, not Droid)?) Once the bootloader gets updated to a new version, it will not allow a downgrade, unlocked or not, and I am 99.99% sure that the signed partitions that are flashed will only boot with specific bootloader versions.

Of course that's not true if somebody has developed an M custom ROM that you can flash, but, again, that's only possible with an unlocked bootloader.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall