Yahoo Email App vs. Yahoo Email Account

Jimmy_W

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I set up a Yahoo Email account and also installed the Yahoo Email app on my Verizon Moto Z Force. I don't need both, and I'm leaning toward keeping the app only. The app offers the latest news and access to all of my contacts, unlike the Account. The app also seems to provide better access to my email folders. One thing that I can't seem to find in the app is an option to display the number of unread messages on the desktop icon, as in the screenshot that shows both. Anyone know of a way to make the Yahoo app icon display the number (I keep Notifications off as I don't want all the sound notices). Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161202-125513.jpg
    Screenshot_20161202-125513.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 18

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I set up a Yahoo Email account and also installed the Yahoo Email app on my Verizon Moto Z Force. I don't need both, and I'm leaning toward keeping the app only. The app offers the latest news and access to all of my contacts, unlike the Account. The app also seems to provide better access to my email folders. One thing that I can't seem to find in the app is an option to display the number of unread messages on the desktop icon, as in the screenshot that shows both. Anyone know of a way to make the Yahoo app icon display the number (I keep Notifications off as I don't want all the sound notices). Thanks.
Try using the app widget. I use this on another email app and it's sized just like the regular icon so you would positively never notice the difference.

1480711961164.jpg

Jimmy_W

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks very much! I found the widget depicted in your screenshot, It's perfect, The only issue is that it's a little too big to stick to the dock at the bottom of the screen. I have four widgets there now and had five when I used the icon for the Yahoo app. Apparently, the widget (1x1) is a little bigger. Anyway to resize the widget? :D