how is the force holding up?

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I had the original Moto Z Force on VZW, but when I switched to Tmo i had to trade it in, however, I kept all of my mods.

with the new announcement on the 25th, potentially available on Tmo, i was thinking about picking up the Z2 force

however before I get my brain in new phone mode, i figured I'd check in here to see how the old force is holding up?

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I've had mine since November and it's still running great. No issues whatsoever and my Incipio and JBL Mods are working fine also.

bobster922

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I had the original Moto Z Force on VZW, but when I switched to Tmo i had to trade it in, however, I kept all of my mods.

with the new announcement on the 25th, potentially available on Tmo, i was thinking about picking up the Z2 force

however before I get my brain in new phone mode, i figured I'd check in here to see how the old force is holding up?

The issue I am facing is the lack of software/security updates. Granted that could be a Verizon thing more so than a Lenovo thing. Besides that I've noticed an increase in scrolling jitters (only while slow scrolling) which seem to be prevalent regardless of what Moto actions settings I've turned off.

Overall still happy with the compromise of hardware design for a more functional over glam approach. Nothing like a front facing speaker, fingerprint scanner, and flash. Even if the bezels are huge lol!

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Overall, still running strong and very happy. Looking forward to the wireless charging she'll coming soon.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
photo.jpg
The Force is strong

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
What's your usage pattern? I think it could be better but unlike the Moto X Pure I haven't experienced a precipitous drop in battery life.

I've always thought it was disappointing. It's not so much that battery life has gotten worse, it's that it has always been bad.

I'm a moderate user. Reddit, social media, web browsing, a little YouTube, email. No gaming. I get about 4.5 hours SOT. Not horrible, but for a battery that size, very disappointing.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I've always thought it was disappointing. It's not so much that battery life has gotten worse, it's that it has always been bad.

I'm a moderate user. Reddit, social media, web browsing, a little YouTube, email. No gaming. I get about 4.5 hours SOT. Not horrible, but for a battery that size, very disappointing.
Yeah, that is disappointing. What's your brightness level and quality of signal? I know what absolutely drains my battery the most is taking photos. I average mixed use 24 hours on, 5.5 hours screen on time.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Still happy with mine. I too wish for a bit more battery life, but can usually make it through a day. Just picked up the Tumi wireless battery pack (on sale at Verizon for $60), so that should take care of that.

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I've gone back and forth on my Z Force. It's holding up pretty well and they just keep giving us updates.
I haven't seen anything with the z2 that was impressive, besides the newer chipset, I don't think the z2 is an upgrade.

I'll actually be keeping mine for awhile, unless the Pixel XL is a beast AND Verizon offers some incentive. Which I doubt because they never really did it with the Originals.

-edit: Oh, and battery life. Check your apps. I used visual voicemail for the first time after a wipe about a month ago and it immediately started using 12% of my battery.

chemgeek

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I agree that battery life was poor compared to the similar Droid turbo. My Droid force died after a little more than a year due to a battery or battery circuitry failure. Very disappointing. I now have a Z2 and the battery life is excellent despite having 2/3 the mAh. We'll see. The battery and speaker mods are great. The battery mod is very useful during air travel when you may not have access or time to top up charge.