Oreo rolling out?

JohnS305

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I was browsing the Verizon support forums and there are some Z Force owners saying they've updated to Oreo at the beginning of the month.

Seems strange to me that if Oreo is rolling out to the Moto Z's there's not more talk of it here.

Redbert31

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I was browsing the Verizon support forums and there are some Z Force owners saying they've updated to Oreo at the beginning of the month.

Seems strange to me that if Oreo is rolling out to the Moto Z's there's not more talk of it here.
I'm going to check mine right now!

JohnS305

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I'm still on the November update. That's why I wonder why some people are saying they've gotten Oreo when it seems that they haven't even rolled out the December security update.

Makes me think maybe they're mistaken because I haven't heard anything else about Oreo rolling out to the Moto Z line.

HowardL168

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site

The Z"2" has been receiving the update, but I have not seen any news of the Z update...yet. I've seen various predictions. I'm guessing later this month. If my logic (and knowledge of development) holds, since the Moto Oreo build (that was "soaked" in Brazil and presumably the same version being used for the Z2) was based on the foundation with the "December" security patch, I'm thinking they need to get Oreo out before the "next" Security patch...which would be January (unless they're going to skip a month for the Patch).

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I tend to agree with the Z2 assessment. Folks on the Verizon forum may be confusing the Z2 Force & Z Force when discussing Oreo. I do think we are next in the hopper though, and will have it fairly soon.

HowardL168

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Hey Ry...I seem to recall your posts a while back (in the Moto X days) that you had "inside" or otherwise good knowledge of what's going on in the Moto world...do I have that right?...if so, any good info on when we might really get Oreo delivery to the Moto Z¹ ?

Bitterman

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
The wife just got another security update for her Z Play. Seems like the Play has gotten a couple more small updates than our Forces have. Maybe they are trying to get O together for us and are working on one big update?? All out of our hands anyway... lol

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
If there is one thing that long-term Motorola owners have learned, it's that new Android versions can come at any old time, that newer models always get priority, that carrier-specific versions like the Z Force sometimes get held up behind other non-carrier specific models, and that Motorola will occasionally change their mind about a promised update.

And I've also learned to just ignore any rumors that I read. Unfortunately rumors don't seem to correlate well with actual updates.

(I wish that Motorola - well, all the carriers - were more transparent about the progress of updates. Even a simple monthly report that said "still working on it" is better than no news.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays