Moto X 2016

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I never hear what the names are going to be, so I don't know. Also, I've only seen the thin version. I honestly don't know how they stuffed a 2600mAh battery in there. Ironically enough, when I first saw one with the screen on, I got excited and thought it was AMOLED, but I was told LCD. I was almost certain it was AMOLED, so maybe he didn't know. I heard about 5/6 of the modules. Never heard of the projector one. That will be interesting to see.

Really hoping to see a return to AMOLED .

TiMar99

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
I don't get the gadget add ons LG and now moto will try...who wants to carry around extra baggage aside from the phone? Not me. Hastle to keep up with and just bottom line lame.

Posted via the Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't get the gadget add ons LG and now moto will try...who wants to carry around extra baggage aside from the phone? Not me. Hastle to keep up with and just bottom line lame.

Like the LG G5, you can not buy any of the add-ons. None of these are required.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
The more I think about this, the more I have to agree this is not looking good. Rumors are pointing to an all-metal phone, which sounds like they're abandoning the cool color and material options that have been available since the beginning of the Moto renaissance. Also assures no wireless charging. The fat bottom bezel makes me sad (especially looking at the lovely thin bezels on my Moto X 2014). That back camera... thing, and the weird speaker/contact pins...

Ugh. Just ugh. I'll reserve final opinion for the actual reveal, but I'm not optimistic. If this is really it, please Google make the next Nexus something wonderful.

Agree completely. This is the first Moto X I just can't get excited about. My Pure has been great, and I don't see anything with the 2016 that makes me want to retire it just yet.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Maybe the 16MP camera for the Vertex is the same as the LG G5's main camera. The 13 MP in the Vector Thin sounds like the same Sony sensor used in the Nexus 6P and HTC 10.

..actually the Nexus 6P and HTC 10 use a 12.3MP camera.

slides

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, curious but not excited. Normally I would grab a Moto as soon as it came out (have had a couple if Razrs, OG Moto x, Droid Turbo, and the X Pure, between the design and the current state of their service and warranty support, think I will wait for the new Nexus, but keep an eye on this and the HTC 10 as a backup plan

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, curious but not excited. Normally I would grab a Moto as soon as it came out (have had a couple if Razrs, OG Moto x, Droid Turbo, and the X Pure, between the design and the current state of their service and warranty support, think I will wait for the new Nexus, but keep an eye on this and the HTC 10 as a backup plan

Same situation for me. I always anxiously an I irate getting Moto's yearly release but my first impression of this one is that it kinda sucks. I have a 6P so I'll probably just wait for the new nexus. Especially if it is indeed being made by htc (the 10 is a slick phone, I checked it out yesterday).

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
To even consider this phone (and I have owned the 2013, 2014, and 2015 X, along with the droid turbo and pretty much loved them all) I would need to see some guarantee of updates and security updates, along with evidence that there wont need to be a parade of more class action lawsuits just to get basic warranty support. In other words...its a possible purchase for me but not for several months after release, by which time the next Nexus already has a spot on my debit card reserved...

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Close, but the HTC 10 has hardware Optical Image Stabilization

Rumor has it this 13MP camera for the next Moto X has laser-autofocus and optical image stabilization.

Nexus 6P and HTC 10 both use Sony's IMX377 camera sensor.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
New 2016 Moto X and Droid leak reveals potential dock connector | Android Central

They're really bad

http://www.androidcentral.com/sites.../2016/05/droid-motox-leak-1.jpg?itok=XLkD3zF5

Nope. Those are terrible. M is still there where the FPS should be; speaker is where the nothing should be; FPS is where the speaker should be and why the heck does the camera have a flat tire? Who's smoking all this crack at Lenovo?
It actually looks very sleek and the camera dont have a flat tire its the flash.

The backs of the device is a backplate you can exchange. Its going modular and will have dual speaker mod

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87