Goodbye Moto X, Hello Moto Z (via @evleaks)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
http://www.androidcentral.com/moto-x-line-may-become-moto-z-line-year

https://twitter.com/evleaks/status/732603047868698624

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
If the trend continues they'll soon be giving USA the middle finger.

They're adding support for all four major US carriers (yes, CDMA support for Verizon) on the Moto G like they did with the Moto X Pure Edition. And they're still making DROIDs for Verizon.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site

This one has a big set of problems.
1. both 5.5"? With two Moto G's that are 5.5"? That's four phones with various features that are all the same size.
2. these look better than the G's, but still are a massive departure from what we're used to. They definitely have a moto flavor to them, so going to leave it alone.
3. modules. this gets the same response as the G5 on this feature. Put the awesometastic features in the phone to begin with and don't try to sell addons. Make it have a great camera out of the box, without addons required. Make it have a huge battery out of the box, no addons. Make it have fantastic sound out of the box, no addons. These are, at this point, basic expectations for flagship phones and should be included as a given. Stop trying to sell things that are basic feature-set. If you have some addons that add functionality that is new to smartphones, ok let's talk about that. But don't try to sell me things that should have been included in the phone, without adding too much size, weight, etc - because that's your job as a flagship level player.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
No way Verizon lets them get away with that. Ever. They'll want their exclusivity on anything named DROID.

Posted via the Android Central App

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
No way Verizon lets them get away with that. Ever. They'll want their exclusivity on anything named DROID.

Verizon will still have exclusivity for the "Droid" name. That's why Moto has always used different names for its other devices.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

DROID Edition?

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Historically, the DROID label hasn't just been an exclusive name. It's literally a device that can't be had on any other US carrier, in any form. Even unlocked overseas variants that carried different names never had the proper bands to work here. That's the level of exclusivity Verizon has had, and will want continued.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Moto, Y?

I feel like some of these changes are simply for the sake of change, a means of differentiating the "old" Moto from the new Lenovo-owned Moto. I know phones change branding, but this just makes me kind of sad. As does this new infatuation with a 5.5" one-size-fits-all-phones screen size.

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Moto, Y?

I feel like some of these changes are simply for the sake of change, a means of differentiating the "old" Moto from the new Lenovo-owned Moto. I know phones change branding, but this just makes me kind of sad. As does this new infatuation with a 5.5" one-size-fits-all-phones screen size.

It makes me kind of sad too, but I'm really not surprised. My plan is to hang onto my Pure Edition for the time being and when it's time to replace it see what Nexus has to offer. I just can't get excited about the Moto Z and I'm a longtime Motorola fan.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
It makes me kind of sad too, but I'm really not surprised. My plan is to hang onto my Pure Edition for the time being and when it's time to replace it see what Nexus has to offer. I just can't get excited about the Moto Z and I'm a longtime Motorola fan.

Those are my plans as well.

brancross

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
moto z series , higher series than x

June 9 san Francisco! It had the Razer series slim, that's the information I got so far.

Attachments

• 44731.jpg
    44731.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 98

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Next Moto X Leaked (Moto Z)

2e00a0aa5cb3406cbf357d369720b889.jpg

So the next moto x aka moto z has been leaked with specs and pictures,
Also looks like there will be "mods" attachments for the device kinda like what lg has. what do you think about the device atm.

Specs and such:

New Moto Z Play, Moto Z Style UK release date, price, feature, spec rumours - New Product - PC Advisor

Mods attachments:

Leaked images show Lenovo’s upcoming MotoMods for the Moto Z [Update] | 9to5Google

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Still terrible. :( So sad, I was loving Moto for years and now they're one more in a line of design garbage after being a leader on that front.