Anyone go regular Z over Force?

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I was initially going to get the Force myself but when I went it be store I ended up getting the Z. For me the thinness is amazing as well as the build. It also keeps the phone thin when using mods.

Plus for me the screen looks better than the Force. The shatter shield is not for me as the top layer being plastic is not as good as the gorilla glass experience for me. Other like it and that's OK. Everyone has their preferences.

05GT

May 15, 2011
Visit site
If you're going to use mods, I highly recommend the regular Z. I find the Z's battery to be more than capable.

Posted via the Android Central App

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I considered the regular Z a bit, but probably would've wanted to use it regularly with the battery + wireless charging mod to be sure I had enough battery to not have to think about it all day. The cost of the phone + mod would've been nearly the same as the Force, and as thick or thicker than the Force without battery mod, and the lower MP camera. Instead I'm hoping someone eventually comes out with a wireless charging w/out battery mod.

I could totally see getting the Z if its battery was big enough for me on its own, or I didn't mind plugging in during the day.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I ended up going with the Force ± the battery mod. Turned out to be overkill. The 3500 mAh battery on the Force EASILY makes it through a full day (at least for me).

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Finally held one at the store. If the regular Moto Z had the same 21MP camera as the Moto Z Force, I would have probably got the Moto Z.

05GT

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Finally held one at the store. If the regular Moto Z had the same 21MP camera as the Moto Z Force, I would have probably got the Moto Z.

Camera reviews aren't showing a huge difference in picture quality from the cameras.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Camera reviews aren't showing a huge difference in picture quality from the cameras.

I've seen enough reviews where low-light shots, while not at the level of other flagships, were significantly better on the Force than the regular Z.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

legobob76

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Decided to stay with the Force. Don't plan on using any mods and the increased battery was the plus for me. I tried the regular Z again and even with the style shell I don't find it as comfortable as the Force.

bp3dots

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
I went with the regular Z. Battery usually isn't an issue for me, especially with quick charging. Camera is fine for the few times I use it for something I want to keep too

I liked the thinner size, and while I didn't plan on using a style shell, but when I put the supplied one to see what it looked like, I surprisingly really liked the feel. Now I just need a leather one...

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I went with the regular Z but with the mods it's still huge and heavy and slick as hell. I should've just gotten the force without a mod but if im exchanging it's gonna be for a beast note 7

I've heard the regular Z isn't too heavy with the battery mod. Is this not true?

anon(2978616)

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
I've heard the regular Z isn't too heavy with the battery mod. Is this not true?

I'm using it exclusively this way. It's around 238 grams. A little heavier than I'm used to, but I love having the battery mod on constantly. That's something I wouldn't even consider doing with the Force.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm using it exclusively this way. It's around 238 grams. A little heavier than I'm used to, but I love having the battery mod on constantly. That's something I wouldn't even consider doing with the Force.

Fair, but the Force with the battery mod is 250 grams. That's not THAT big of a difference. I think the battery mod is awesome for certain situations, but not an every day thing (at least for me with the Force). Totally could see why you'd want it on all the time with the regular Z though.

anon(2978616)

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Fair, but the Force with the battery mod is 250 grams. That's not THAT big of a difference. I think the battery mod is awesome for certain situations, but not an every day thing (at least for me with the Force). Totally could see why you'd want it on all the time with the regular Z though.

Hear what your saying. The Force is 163g and the regular Z is 136g, so all other things being equal that is your weight difference. I know the Force with the battery mod was not something I would feel comfortable with on an everyday basis, but as you say, there's no need to use it that way with the bigger battery.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty