News Samsung Galaxy Z Fold user uncovers the reason why hinges aren't unfolding flat

parksanim

May 4, 2023
Visit site
If you are going to write an article on this, at least -- PLEASE read it first. The issue, as outlined in the actual post you linked, is not about dust getting into the hinge. It's about the brushes failing and clogging the hinge. This is a manufacturing defect.

parksanim

May 4, 2023
Visit site
I don't know, I haven't run into this I had the Fold 3 then went to the Fold 4 and now the Fold 5

That's reassuring. I've got a Fold 4, but am thinking of dumping it for something else. It makes a lot of noise when opening, but not closing. Seems to be related to the screen coming up ... sounds kind of like crinkle wrap stuck poorly with rubber cement as the folding display lifts slightly from the phone.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
That's reassuring. I've got a Fold 4, but am thinking of dumping it for something else. It makes a lot of noise when opening, but not closing. Seems to be related to the screen coming up ... sounds kind of like crinkle wrap stuck poorly with rubber cement as the folding display lifts slightly from the phone.
Mine was very faint making that noise while opening the Fold 4 , I think it was from the installed screen protector but never gave any issues opening or closing and wasn't loud or concerning and Fold 5 very slightly just testing now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali