Random freezes/crashes

markabele

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else experiencing random lockups on there phone where the only remedy is to hold down on the power button until the start up(reboot) screen appears? This has happened to me on average about once a day now for the last week+.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
I haven't experienced anything like that on my Z Force Droid. That sounds very frustrating. Have you installed any new apps right around the time this started?

SoccerRef12

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else experiencing random lockups on there phone where the only remedy is to hold down on the power button until the start up(reboot) screen appears? This has happened to me on average about once a day now for the last week+.
A couple of questions:
1. How much free internal storage do you have?
2. Have you tried clearing cache in recovery?
3. Do you have a SD card installed? Do you use it as portable storage or internal memory?

markabele

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
A couple of questions:
1. How much free internal storage do you have?
2. Have you tried clearing cache in recovery?
3. Do you have a SD card installed? Do you use it as portable storage or internal memory?

I believe I have over 30%+ left of internal storage.
I haven't tried cleaning the cache. How would I do that?
I do have a SD card installed. It is portable store/external. I didn't make it my internal memory.

Definitely appreciate the help. Thanks!

SoccerRef12

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I believe I have over 30%+ left of internal storage.
I haven't tried cleaning the cache. How would I do that?
I do have a SD card installed. It is portable store/external. I didn't make it my internal memory.

Definitely appreciate the help. Thanks!
I'm guessing it sounds like a misbehaving app. If you can pinpoint an app that you installed right before it started happening, you could uninstall the app and see if that fixes it.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
You could try this to clear the app cache:

Open Settings > Storage > tap Internal shared storage > wait for all the numbers to load > tap Cached data > tap OK > wait for the numbers to re-calculate > turn phone Off

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Here are the steps to clear the system cache:

Wipe cache partition:

With the phone powered off, press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button at the same time until the device starts to turn on, let go of buttons.

Press the Volume Down button to highlight "Recovery mode"

Press the Power button to restart into Recovery mode.

You'll see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark.

Holding the Power button, tap Volume Up once and then release the Power button.

Use the volume buttons to scroll to "wipe cache partition" and press the Power button to select it.
Select Ok or Yes to continue.

When finished, "Reboot system now" will be highlighted, press the Power button to select it

almalino

May 25, 2017
Visit site
Yes. I am having lock ups may be once a week. Phone freezes and the only solution is hold down power button till it resets.

elvee68

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Yes I too am having this problem on Moto Z Force. For me seems to happen the most when I am listening to audio over Bluetooth. PocketCast, TuneIn Radio.