The Moto Z Droid review is up and preorders are up!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
That's the review I expected out of Ron Amadeo.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

True I suppose, but I expected something more geared towards how mainstream consumers will react to the phone - since that's the ya know, people buying it.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
True I suppose, but I expected something more geared towards how mainstream consumers will react to the phone - since that's the ya know, people buying it.

That's not how Ron Amadeo does reviews though.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Just read Ars, and while it has a negative tone, it doesn't seem like an unfair review.
Agreed. It's a typically well-detailed review, but that boy sure don't like Lenovo! The first paragraph of the review (which opens with "Under Google, Motorola was one of our favorite OEMs.") leads directly to the last heading 3 pages later: "The new Motorola is just another faceless OEM."

I don't mind the approach since he's so obvious about it, but he does make believing that he didn't have big chunks of the review already written in his head before he even got hold of his review copies kind of a hard sell.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
"All day strong, all day long should be the tagline for this phone. It literally can withstand whatever you throw at it, and essentially whatever you throw it at too. This is not only one of the absolute most well built and designed phones on the market, it’s also got an incredible set of features, light and fast software, incredibly fast performance, a stunning screen, phenomenal audio output quality, the best battery life of any flagship phone on the market, and a camera that can go toe-to-toe with the best of them. Is it even possible to not recommend this phone? Only if you don’t want to spend $700 on a device, sure, and of course if you’re in the US it’s a Verizon exclusive device. " - http://www.androidheadlines.com/2016/07/review-lenovo-moto-z-force-droid-edition.html

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
[FONT=&quot]wow AH loved it... They and ars cancel each other out. A phone that might be worth switching to verizon for? That hasn't been said since the HTC Thunderbolt![/FONT]

Feldon

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Do mainstream consumers research sites like AndroidCentral before they sign on the dotted line for whatever the high school senior at Best Buy or their carrier store tells them is good?

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Weird the g4 supports aptx bluetooth audio but the moto z does not...

Nexus phones dont have it either, would have expected it on the z though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699