Recent Battery Life

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm wondering what everyone's battery life is like how that they've had the phone for awhile and it's had two major updates. Mine is horrific. It's definitely not a rogue app or something syncing in the background because it happens when I'm using the phone doing non-intensive tasks. For example, just browsing forums, Reddit, and social media at 50% auto brightness, I'll drop 15-20% per hour. If I take the phone directly off the charger and use it non-stop, I should be able to get more than 5-6 hours of non-intensive use, right? This might be acceptable for the Z2 Force and it's 2700 mAh battery, but not for the original Z Force and a 3500 mAh battery.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
My Z Force is still getting really good battery life. Not as good as when it was new....but after numerous System Version updates and 2 Android OS updates I still have not performed a Factory Reset (FDR). I'm sure that if I did a FDR without auto-backup enabled I would get even better battery life.

Sometimes after numerous version updates and Android OS updates it's just time to backup all personal files, pics and music and do a FDR and start the phone fresh and clean. Like a good "Spring Cleaning" for a phone.

I am not a super heavy user, I would say average. I charge my phone all night while I sleep. I start each day with a full charge and then use my phone for a lot of email, texting, a few calls per day, maybe a few You Tube videos, lots of Forum usage, some web browsing, and some shopping (Amazon, E Bay, etc). I end up with about 3 - 4 hours of SOT and around 20 - 30% battery remaining after 16 or so hours off the charger. Some days are heavier usage and I may need to plug in for a quick turbo charge, or use a Battery Mod but not too often.

cooper_m22

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
My Moto z force (Droid) is a day one release pre ordered it through Verizon. Battery life is about the same as it was new. I can go 24 hours on a charge and I'm kind of a heavy user.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
My Moto z force (Droid) is a day one release pre ordered it through Verizon. Battery life is about the same as it was new. I can go 24 hours on a charge and I'm kind of a heavy user.

Interesting. Do you know approximately how many hours of SOT? I did a factory reset after 7.1 and it didn't fix the issue.

Last edited:

chasman1

Aug 23, 2017
Visit site
moto z force. battery life dies in 4-6 hours with out heavy use. Did a factory reset on Monday. yesterday battery was good until 11:00 pm from 6 AM. Today batter is at 25%at 12 noon since 6:00 AM with little use.disgusted with android moto products...

Google play services 25%
Android System 23%
Phone idle 7%
Android OS 5%

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
moto z force. battery life dies in 4-6 hours with out heavy use. Did a factory reset on Monday. yesterday battery was good until 11:00 pm from 6 AM. Today batter is at 25%at 12 noon since 6:00 AM with little use.disgusted with android moto products...

Google play services 25%
Android System 23%
Phone idle 7%
Android OS 5%

Sounds like you are having the same experience as me.

chemgeek

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Could be an impending battery failure. Mine started running hot and battery life deteriorated until the battery or it's control circuitry failed. Until the last few weeks it was superb. Disappointing that the battery lasted only a year and change. My Moto Droid Turbo is still going strong.