Moto Voice and the Z2 Play

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Does the Moto Z2 Play have the Moto Voice capability, in the Moto app?

I have read reviews that state Moto Voice is present, but have not been able to conirm.
I went thru the tutorial for the Moto app, on the Motorola site, but it only covered Camera twist, Flashlight chop and Display.

I am hoping for the same Moto Voice as was included in the Moto app, on the Moto X Pure Edition 2105.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If you're referring to the "show me..." capability, yes is has that. It also detects when you're driving and will announce calls and messages and prompt you to have it read or ignore the message.

BA M

Oct 15, 2017
Visit site
As the other "reply" indicated, Moto Voice is not a fully functional standalone (couldn't even activate Go Google since the launch controller was Moto) it was on my Droid Turbo. I have the Z2 Play now and have found Go Google/ GA (Google Assistant) has required more hands-on interaction and is NOT as hands free as my earlier Moto version (4.0.35)
It's the one thing that has soured my feelings about my new purchase of the Z2 Play. I'm waiting for a response from Motorola and their forum if they plan to revitalize Moto Voice.

*Here is one example of the regression. In GA, I say "Go Google" to be in listening mode, I ask to call my local Drug store, GA gives me every store in the chain in the surrounding area and verbally prompts me to "tap" the screen to make my voice. Duh!
In my Previous Moto version, I used their "Wake up!" command to go into listening mode, request a call to the local Drug store (identical verbal command as with GA), Moto assumed I mean the one in my Contacts (not everyone in the area), if there is more than one number in my Contacts, Moto verbally asks me to say "Call" after the correct number as it calls out each verbally. Look Ma, no hands!

Last edited:

BA M

Oct 15, 2017
Visit site
As the other "reply" indicated, Moto Voice is not a fully functional standalone (couldn't even activate Go Google since the launch controller was Moto) it was on my Droid Turbo. I have the Z2 Play now and have found Go Google/ GA (Google Assistant) has required more hands-on interaction and is NOT as hands free as my earlier Moto version (4.0.35)
It's the one thing that has soured my feelings about my new purchase of the Z2 Play. I'm waiting for a response from Motorola and their forum if they plan to revitalize Moto Voice.

*Here is one example of the regression. In GA, I say "Go Google" to be in listening mode, I ask to call my local Drug store, GA gives me every store in the chain in the surrounding area and verbally prompts me to "tap" the screen to make my voice. Duh!
In my Previous Moto version, I used their "Wake up!" command to go into listening mode, request a call to the local Drug store (identical verbal command as with GA), Moto assumed I mean the one in my Contacts (not every one in the area), if there is more than one number in my Contacts, Moto verbally asks me to say "Call" after the correct number as it calls out each verbally. Look Ma, no hands!

Last edited:

BA M

Oct 15, 2017
Visit site
There are places in my reply that I used the phrase GO Google which should read OK Google. Sorry for the confusion.

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
If you're referring to the "show me..." capability, yes is has that. It also detects when you're driving and will announce calls and messages and prompt you to have it read or ignore the message.
That's the part of Moto Voice I use the most, tho I will miss being able to say, "shama-lama-ding-dong" to wake my phone. With that wake phrase, my Moto X Pure Edition was never inadvertently awakened.

There are places in my reply that I used the phrase GO Google which should read OK Google. Sorry for the confusion.

And soon, you'll be able to use "Hey , Google".